Mixed Berry Pudding Cake is a lighter dessert that is made with fresh, juicy, and ripe seasonal berries for the perfect summer treat! It is sure to become one of your go to favorites since it is so easy to make.
I'm such a fan of berries and so glad there is an abundance in the stores right now. I love them plain and maybe tossed with some yogurt and granola for a quick breakfast but they are versatile in other recipes as well.
I don't think you can go wrong with any way you use them. Who is ready to get baking today?
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- 1% milk
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 - Preheat oven to 400 degrees; in a large bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs with a fork
Step 2 - add in sugar
Step 3 and 4 - add in vanilla extract and salt
Step 5 - use a whisk to combine the ingredients so far and make sure it is light and frothy
Step 6 - whisk in milk
Step 7 - add in the flour and baking soda
Step 8 - whisk until the lumps are gone
Step 9 - divide the berries into five 6 oz. ramekins that have been sprayed with vegetable oil (note these are short sided ramekins used for creme brulee)
Step 10 - pour the batter over the berries, place on a rimmed cookie sheet and place in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes until puffed and golden; cool slightly and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Look at all those wonderful berries baked in a light batter.
Tips and Variations
- The recipe calls for 3 cups of berries but you could use all one kind or mix and match as you desire
- For a little extra zing add some grated lemon peel
- Enjoy these warm or at room temperature
- Store covered in refrigerator for 3 days (can be warmed in microwave)
- Top with sprinkled powdered sugar
- Top with fresh whipped cream
Enjoy plain or with powdered sugar
We really like this dessert because the batter is so light and not heavy on sugar - the sweetness comes from the fruit. No need to feel guilty!
PIN THIS FOR LATER - CLICK HERE
I was inspired to make this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens
Get the Recipe
- 3 cups of assorted berries - blackberry, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash salt
- 1 cup low fat milk
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Lightly spray five 6 ounce creme brulee type ramekin dishes and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla - whisk until frothy
- Add in milk and whisk again
- Add in flour and baking powder and whisk until smooth
- Divide berries between ramekins and pour batter over
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden
- Serve warm and sprinkled with powdered sugar
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.