You'll love this easy to make Roasted Tomatoes and Burrata appetizer (or side dish). Made with juicy tomatoes that have been oven roasted with garlic and spices, creamy burrata cheese and topped with fresh basil. Grab some crusty bread for dipping and you are all set!
Fresh summer tomatoes are one of my favorite foods and when roasted and combined with burrata cheese and fresh basil, it is tasty caprese style salad you can whip up in no time! It is so simple!
I love caprese style salads and have made a traditional heirloom one and also tossed with pasta for different twist. Just go out and get some tomatoes or maybe you have a garden or know someone who wants to share. Just go do it soon!
- tri-colored tomatoes - cherry or grape tomatoes come in different sizes and colors and give it an appealing look.
- basil - feel free to use as much or as little as you like - use whole leaves or cut into strips
- garlic - fresh garlic really give it tasty flavor (in a pinch you could use granulated or powdered but just use about ¼ teaspoon)
- olive oil - I like to use extra virgin for a richer flavor
- balsamic vinegar - would recommend a good quality that is well aged
- dried basil and oregano - this is used when roasting the tomatoes and won't burn as fresh would in the oven
- burrata cheese - you should be able to find this in the cheese section of a deli area
- salt and pepper - use kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Please see recipe card for instructions and quantities.
In a medium bowl combine the tomatoes, spices, olive oil, garlic, S&P and balsamic vinegar. Toss gently and then place on a rimmed cookie sheet to bake.
Roast tomatoes at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until soft and blistered.
Hint: let cool before assembling the dish
Trust me when I say you will love these tomatoes! When roasted, they taste like candy. If you make extra, toss with cooked pasta or make an omelet with them.
I also drizzled extra olive oil on the everything once assembled.
Burrata cheese is made with cow's milk with the outer exterior mozzarella formed into a pouch and the center is creamy and rich that has been injected with heavy cream and leftover mozzarella.
Once opened, it is recommended to use within 2 days.
This appetizer can be served warm or at room temperature. Just be sure the tomatoes are not hot when plating the appetizer.
While you can eat the tomatoes and burrata by itself. It tastes good on some toasted baguette bread or similar (I bought parmesan crisps at Trader Joe's to keep it easy).
Be sure the tomatoes have cooled to room temperature before adding the burrata cheese.
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (variety of colors and shapes)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 8 oz burrata cheese ball
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- crusty bread, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a medium bowl combine the tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, dried basil, dried oregano and S&P
- Gently toss and place on a rimmed cookie sheet
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until soft and blistered
- Let cool to room temperature
- Place burrata on a plate for shallow bowl; place roasted tomatoes around it and top with fresh basil
- Drizzle with additional olive oil
- Serve with crusty bread if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 543mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!