These Feta Spinach Bacon Puffs are the perfect party appetizer. A creamy filling with salty bacon and tangy feta nestled in crispy, flaky puff pastry made easy in a muffin tin!
When looking for an impressive appetizer, look no further than these fun puffs. They are so easy to make and taste fantastic.
I have used puff pastry in other appetizers and sweets such as Ham and Cheese Pinwheels and a fun patriotic American Flag tart. The pastry always bakes up nice and flaky and easy too, since you can find it in your grocer's freezer section.
Who's ready to start baking?
- puff pastry
- frozen spinach-defrosted
- feta cheese
- cream cheese
- cooked bacon
- garlic powder
Please see recipe card for quantities and instructions.
Follow these step-by-step instructions for making Feta Spinach Bacon Puffs.
In a medium bowl use a mixer to combine the cream cheese, egg, garlic powder and pepper until smooth.
Proceed with next step.
Next add in the bacon, scallions and feta cheese (use a spatula or spoon to combine-not the mixer).
Once it is combined well add the spinach.
Separate the spinach while adding it in to unclump it.
Set this mixture aside and work on puff pastry.
Place the thawed puff pastry on a cutting surface and use a rolling pin to roll the seams closed and cut into 9 equal squares.
Place each square in a muffin tin that has been coated with vegetable spray. Stretch the corners if necessary so you can have them meet in the middle of tin.
Divide out mixture and fold in corners and brush with an egg wash. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
The beauty of these appetizers is that they can be served warm or at room temperature.
Look at the flaky crust and creamy filling. Does it make your mouth water? It does mine!
I'm adding some variations that you might like to customize to your preference.
- Meat - switch out the bacon for diced ham or canadian bacon
- Cheese - mozzarella or ricotta could take place of the feta
Yes, you can fully bake, cool and place in a airtight container and store in freezer for up to 2 months. Reheat in oven before serving at 400 degrees until warm (about 20-25 minutes).
Yes, follow the instructions but instead of baking, place entire muffin tin in freezer and after 2-3 hours pop them out and store in an airtight container for up to 2 months. When you are ready to make, place back in muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes til cooked through
Yes, these can be prepared and just cover with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator until ready to bake (remove plastic wrap and bake as instructed - may need a couple extra minutes).
I used this muffin tin to bake them in.
Please be sure to squeeze out the water from the thawed spinach so that your puffs don't get mushy.
Get the Recipe
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed according to directions
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 eggs (divided)
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons scallions, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 oz. spinach, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a medium bowl use a mixer to combine the cream cheese, egg, garlic powder and pepper
- Mix in with a spoon or spatula the bacon, feta and scallions
- Add in the spinach with a spoon or spatula making sure to divide up clumps; set aside
- On a slightly floured surface unroll the puff pastry and use a rolling pin to remove/flatten seams
- Use a knife to cut 9 squares
- Spray a muffin tin with vegetable spray and place a square in each tin (you might have to stretch corners a bit so that they can meet in middle)
- Divide filling into each puff pastry square and have corners of pastry meet in middle (pinch slightly)
- Brush each with egg wash (just beat egg in a bowl with fork before brushing on)
- Bake for about 20-24 minutes until golden brown
- Place on cooling rack for about 10 minutes then use a small knife or spatula to loosen edges and pop out.
- Serve warm or at room temperature
PLEASE SEE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
Learn more about puff pastry at Wikipedia.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!