These semi-homemade Mini Turkey Donuts are so easy to make and even the kids can help! They will have a blast creating their own version.
If it looks like a turkey, gobbles like a turkey then it must be a turkey, right? Well, that surely was my intent when creating these mini turkey donuts though the DIY Guy wasn’t too sure 🙂
Ok, so they are kind of fat but then that means they are ready for Thanksgiving. We like our turkeys plumb and these donuts are full of yummy chocolate flavor.
Having grandkids means I’m always thinking of fun treats they might like. A few weeks ago I made these donut spiders and I do have something up my sleeve for the Christmas holiday too so stay tuned (leave me a comment if you can guess).
Emily and Alex love to help in the kitchen. They will go get the aprons I made them complete with chef hat, pull up a chair by the island and want to start digging in.
Of course we need to decide who gets to go first if we are placing ingredients in a bowl and then take turns from there. Emily has been really good with her younger brother and giving him more turns then herself – such a sweetie!
Useful tips for making these Mini Turkey Donuts
- If you can, buy just the M&M colors you need (luckily our local grocery store sells separate colors). If you cannot do this, then hopefully two bags will give you enough colors for the feathers (you could use green and brown too)
- Buy mini donuts or if you would like bigger and fatter turkey use regular size donuts
- You could also use cupcakes in place of donuts
- Buy prepared frosting
- These can be made a day ahead and kept in a tight storage container (the eyes tend to bleed out a bit after 2 days)
- Make it a fun activity by setting up a station of donuts, eyes, sprinkles, M&Ms and frosting and let the kids do their own
- 12 mini chocolate covered donuts
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- M&Ms (enough to make 12 turkeys)
- Edible candy eyes
- 4 oz. Chocolate jimmie sprinkles
- Frost each donut with about 2 tablespoons of frosting
- Place chocolate jimmies into a bowl and dip the tops of the donuts until covered with a layer
- Place M&Ms as shown in picture
- Add eyes
- I carefully cut the M&Ms for the beak, waddle and feet in half
Store in a tight container do more than 2 days
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 42gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.