Enjoy this easy mini triple berry galette that uses fresh berries, a pre-made pie crust and drizzled with a tangy lemon glaze. A summer dessert you will want to serve family and friends!
~Triple Berry Galette~
While I may be a teeny weeny bit looking forward to fall, I'm still in full summer mode and squeezing in using fresh ingredients for cooking and baking. Not only are berries great for a quick snack, they are also great for baking as in these mini berry galettes.
The end result is a flaky pastry crust nestling juicy berries and drizzled with with a fresh lemon glaze. Super easy to make and just the right amount of sweetness for your dessert fix!
Be sure to take advantage of fresh summer berries and use them to make this easy triple berry galette.
Earlier today I looked in my freezer and saw that I had one pie crust round. I'm not sure what I did with the other but this one seemed kinda lonely and was probably wondering why it wasn't used the first time.
I also had on hand some fresh berries that I bought the other day and decided to combine the two to come up with this easy dessert. Oh and I had a lemon in the refrigerator but I always have lemons 🙂
What ingredients will you need to make a Triple Berry Galette?
- Pie Crust (pre-made makes it easy)
- Fresh Berries of your choosing
- Powdered Sugar
I thought this dessert would be perfect to go along with what I was making for dinner. A couple weeks ago it was the DIY Guy's birthday. The last few years I have made him his favorite meal - eggplant parmesan. This year his birthday was on a Friday night and we were getting ready to head out to a cabin up north that we rent yearly. Just didn't have time to make his dish but he sure was surprised when he saw me making it tonight. I love when I can surprise him!
Be sure to make this your own recipe by using your favorite berries. If I had blackberries, then this would be a quad berry galette. Earlier this year I made a quad berry crisp that you might enjoy also. Gotta enjoy those fresh berries while we can!
Can you use frozen fruit in a galette?
The quick answer is no. Frozen fruit will have too much liquid and your crust will get soggy. The fruit would also get mushy.
Can you make a galette ahead of time?
When making a galette, prep and bake right away. Once it is cooled, it can be frozen for 3 months if well wrapped. To serve again, defrost and rewarm in the oven.
- 1 single pre-made packaged pie crust
- 1 ⅓ cups of berries (I used blueberries, raspberries and strawberries)
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar (or regular)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (add more if glaze is too thick)
- Preheat oven to 350 and then line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl add the fruit, cornstarch, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cut 4 circles out of the pie crust (I used a 5" circle) and transfer to the baking sheet
- Divide the berry mixture onto the middle of each circle and leave about an inch of dough (if berries are super juicy, use a slotted spoon to remove from bowl)
- Pinch the dough up and around the berries (it will look like a small basket)
- Combine the egg and water and brush the edges of the dough and sprinkle sugar
- Bake for 25-30 minutes - until crust is browned
- Remove and cool slightly
- Meanwhile while galettes are baking, combine the powdered sugar, butter and lemon juice - whisk until mixed well
- Drizzle on warm galettes (if glaze becomes hard, microwave for about 5 seconds to make smooth again)
- Store in airtight container
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 3gSugar: 38gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!