These Mini Fresh Blueberry Lemon Pies are easy to make by using mason jar lids. They are the right size size for an individual dessert and are a classic summertime favorite by using fresh, plump and juicy blueberries.
Mini Fresh Blueberry Lemon Pies
Slowly and surely summer is creeping up on us with an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables. What could be better than making these individual pies to take along on a picnic or having a tasty treat when the mood strikes?
A few years ago we had a garden - I canned stuff like tomatoes, made my own salsa but then I decided I was done - finito! I was working hard making the goods and ended up giving most of it away. Plus neither I or my husband enjoyed weeding the garden. It's okay to admit you don't like it either!
So that left me with lots of canning jars, lids and rings. I kept the jars around as flower vases but really didn't have much use for the lids and rings until I discovered you can bake in them. This was an awesome solution!
In under 30 minutes you can have these prepped, baked and ready for your taste buds. Just let them cool a bit so you don't burn your mouth.
Individual desserts are the way to go when it comes to picnics. These pies made in mason jar lids are the right size for a sweet treat!
How do you prepare Mini Fresh Blueberry Lemon Pies?
- Use pre-made pie crust that you can find in your store's refrigerator section (or even sometimes in the freezer area).
- Use the regular size mason jar lids and rings for baking and be sure the metal lid side is up when placing in rings
- A wide-mouth mason ring works well to cut out the pastry dough (or something else that is about 4" in diameter)
- Use fresh blueberries as recipe as not been tested with canned or frozen
- Use a rimmed cookie sheet in case some of the filling overflows
What ingredients will you need?
- Refrigerated pie dough (two to a pack)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- Lemons (zest and juice)
Do you want to jazz them up a bit? Use the extra scraps from the dough to cut out shapes to place on top of the pies. I made stars that would be perfect for any patriotic holiday.
Will you be going on any picnics this summer?
Besides these mini pies, you may also want to bring along Raspberry Mango Iced Tea, Mexican Street Corn Salad, Greek Salad Stackers as an appetizer and grill out these Caprese Burgers with Balsamic Glaze.
Just don't forget dessert!
Are these pies, cobblers or crisps?
I think they can fall into all of the categories and are soooo delicious! Call them whatever you would like!
- Refrigerated pie crust (2 to a pack)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (divided)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup flour
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup soft butter
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Place the blueberries in a small bowl then add the lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, cornstarch and sugar; set aside
- Place 12 regular mason rings on a rimmed cookie sheet and insert the lids metal side up
- Remove pie crust from package, unroll and cut out twelve 4" rounds and place inside each jar ring
- Mix the flour, salt, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and soft butter until crumbly
- Divide the blueberry mixture between the 12 rings and then divide the crumbly mixture over each pie
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes (will take a bit longer if using huge blueberries)
- Let cool on a rack then remove pies from rings.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.