These Triple Berry Crepes are a breeze to make and taste so good! A perfect way to use fresh berries!
Do you ever go berry picking? I haven’t done that for ages. Way back in the day we would head out to the woods by our house and go on a raspberry hunt. The bushes would grow wild and we could usually find enough for a quick snack. If we wanted fresh blueberries or strawberries, then we would load up in the car with our pails and head out to our local picking place. Blueberries were pretty easy to get off the bushes but the strawberries, of course, were close to the ground and a bit more work to get. At first I would start out trying to eat as much as I could pick but soon realized my stomach couldn’t handle them all. So soon our pails were full and back home we would go. We weren’t into jam making then; instead we (I mean mom) would make the most delicious blueberry pies and strawberry shortcake. Two of my favorite desserts!
Summer is the best time to use berries whenever you can! These crepes are special too with the whipped cream lemon curd filling! Another “new” favorite dessert to enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk (2%)
- pinch salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 3 cups fresh berries (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry)
- In a blender combine the milk, eggs, oil and salt and mix well then add in the flour; process until smooth. Let sit on counter for 30 minutes
- Over medium heat, heat skillet until hot.
- Place 1/3 cup of batter in skillet and swirl until bottom is coated
- Cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side until light brown
- Remove and make remaining batter
- Whip the whipped cream with the powered sugar until stiff peaks form
- 'Remove about 1 cup and then add the lemon curd to the remaining cream
- To assemble - place about 3 tablespoons of whipped cream with curd down the center
- Place berries (about 8 blueberries, 4 raspberries and 2 strawberries that have been sliced) on top and then roll up.
- Top with additional berries and reserved whipped cream
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 542Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 12g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.