This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Whip up this easy no-bake fall dessert in no time. You’ll love the creamy and smooth no bake pumpkin cheesecake piped on tangy ginger snap crumbs served in individual cups – it’s a perfect combination that will please your family and friends!
I hope you are still in a pumpkin mood (as I mentioned in my last post) because I’m still churning out some pumpkin recipes for your palate to enjoy! As you might recall, last Friday was the first day of fall – usually fall brings cooler temps in the upper mid-west but, nope, this year our temps were in the low 90’s. Which is why this treat is perfect to make for those kind of days since you don’t need to turn on an oven. Just crush some ginger snaps, make the pumpkin filling and top with some whipped topping. Pretty cool dessert and keeps your kitchen cool too!
I really couldn’t believe the temps this past weekend – hot and humid – yikes! Our daughter came down this weekend with the family and we set up a slip-n-slide for the kiddos. It was a great way to keep them happy and enjoy the last bit of extended summer. Alex (who’s almost 2) loves when his Papa picks him up and helps him go down the slide. We really enjoyed their visit (as usual) and the time goes way too fast.
But now I must confess that I did turn my oven on that day for dinner even though it was in the 90’s. I wanted the kids to try my cast iron skillet pizza. I made three crusts, borrowed a third skillet from a friend and made one pepperoni, veggie and the last one ham and pineapple. So my kitchen did get a bit warm but, hey, that is what air conditioning is for right? But we did cool off with these mini desserts. Enjoy!
- 14 ginger snap cookies
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups cool whip
- Sprinkles (optional)
- 1. Combine crushed ginger snaps with melted butter and divide into 6 four oz. cups - press down crumbs in each cup.
- 2. Place cups in refrigerator until filling is made
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, puree, vanilla, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, nutmeg and cinnamon
- 4. Whip until smooth then fold in 1 cup of the cool whip
- 5. Spoon or pipe the filling in the cups
- 6. Top with the remaining cool whip and sprinkles (if desired)
- 7. Can be eaten right away but do taste better if refrigerated for at least one hour
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 741 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 613mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 56g Protein: 8g
You can make this!