This rustic Peach Galette is an easy, fool-proof summer dessert. Use juicy fresh peaches, store bought crust, sugar, cinnamon and serve warm with some vanilla ice cream.
Who can resist fresh fruit this time of year especially when it is peaches? I know I can't.
Not living where they are grown, I depend on my grocery store to have the best ones and my go to place is Trader Joe's. This year they have been fantastic.
What you will love about this recipe is that it is easy to make and since it has that rustic look, the crust can be formed any way you like. Who's ready to get baking?
- store bought crust
- fresh peaches
- brown sugar
- coarse sugar
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: in a medium bowl add brown sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch and salt
Step 2: whisk until well combined and set aside
Step 3: in a large bowl add sliced peaches
Step 4: sprinkle with the brown sugar mixture
Step 5: gently toss brown sugar mixture with a spoon or spatula until well combined
Step 6: preheat oven to 375 degrees; then place the crust on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Start placing peaches in a circle leaving about 2" around the edge.
Step 7: finish arranging peaches in a circle and make an inner circle to fill the crust
Step 8: start folding the crust over the peach circle by making tucks around the edges (as shown) as you go around
Step 9: brush the edges of the galette with an egg wash
Step 10: sprinkle coarse sugar on top
Dot with small pieces of cold butter and bake for about 35-40 minutes until bubbly and crust is golden brown
Fresh out of the oven!
- if your peach skin is tough, feel free to use a vegetable peeler to remove it
- peaches should not be rock hard or overripe
- store bought crust will make this dessert tart come together in a snap
- I also brushed a bit of egg wash between the tucks as I was folding the top
- galette is best served warm or at room temperature and eaten the day it is made
- using the cornstarch prevents the bottom crust from getting soggy
- other stone fruit you could use are nectarines or plums
- sprinkle with sliced almonds
- add some blueberries or raspberries along with the stone fruit
- drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze
We really like ours topped with vanilla ice cream - it's ok if it melts a bit!
Other summer desserts using fruit you might enjoy:
While this dessert tart is simple to make, it seems really fancy! I'm sure your friends and family will love it!
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER - CLICK HERE
Get the Recipe
- 4-5 fresh peaches, sliced ½"
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 crust (store bought)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, salt, cornstarch and cinnamon - whisk until combined
- In a medium bowl add the sliced peaches then toss gently with the brown sugar mixture
- Place crust on parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Place the peaches in a circle leaving about 2" from the edge (see step by step instructions)
- Fold crust over the peach edge and make tucks in the dough as you go along to fit
- Brush galette with an egg wash (an egg beaten with a fork) then sprinkle sugar on top
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly
- Let cool slightly and then serve with ice cream if desired
PLEASE SEE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS IN POST
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
If you are looking for another galette to try, check out Nancy's called Apple Blueberry! It looks delicious!