Mini Strawberry Shortcake Bites are a semi-homemade treat with only four ingredients. Start with a pretty slice of pound cake, add some cool whip, top with a fresh juicy strawberry and top with a fresh blueberry. It is also very festive and cute!
It's party time - July 4th, Memorial Day or any time you want a patriotic dessert!
These one-bite, no-bake tiny treats come together in a snap and would be great to take along to a party or serve at home.
It is a great way to use up those summer berries and since they are mini you can (and should) eat more than one! Who's ready to get to it?
- fresh strawberries
- fresh blueberries
- cool whip
- pre-made pound cake
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 - cut about ⅜" slices out of the pound cake; use a small cookie cutter to make shapes
Step 2 - use a decorator tool that is filled with cool whip to pipe a medium star on the pound cake
Step 3 - place a sliced strawberry on top of the cool whip (pre-make a small hole on strawberry)
Step 4 - top strawberry with a small dollop of cool whip
Step 5 - thread a blueberry on a decorative toothpick
Step 6 - press into the pound cake strawberry bite (being careful not to press too hard)
Here is the final scrumptious morsel!
- To keep these "one-bite" use a cookie cutter that is about 1 ½" in diameter. (you should also be able to get 2 shapes per slice of pound cake - I used a Sara Lee cake)
- Before placing the strawberry on top of cool whip, make a small hole through it - this will help when you add the blueberry so the cool whip doesn't squish out
- After threading the blueberry on toothpick, gently place and press on top of stacked bite - you should be able to pick up the entire bite with the toothpick
- If you do not have a decorator tube, place cool whip in a small baggie and cut the tip off (small)
Can these be made ahead of time?
Mini Strawberry Shortcake Bites can be used immediately or stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for one day.
- Heavy whipped cream can be substituted for the cool whip
- Don't throw away the scraps! Mix those with cool whip and the berries to use them up
- Substitute lemon curd for the cool whip
- Use a big raspberry instead of a sliced strawberry and then just top with a blueberry
I just have a thing about mini desserts when I am having friends and family over for a gathering.
Having a few mini desserts will allow your guests to try more than one plus they look so darn cute and make a great presentation!!
True story - I tried to make these as stackers - a layer of cake, a strawberry and cool whip repeated twice - well when you tried to take a bite, the cool whip squished out all over. This version is much better - just pop one into your mouth and done!
SAVE THIS PIN FOR LATER - CLICK HERE
Get the Recipe
- 8 slices pound cake
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 16 fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ cup cool whip, thawed
- Use a pre-made pound cake and cut slices about ⅜"
- Use a 1 ½" cookie cutter to cut out two pieces per slice
- Using a decorator bag and star tip, place about 1 ½ tablespoons of cool whip on top of shape
- Place a sliced strawberry on top that has been pierced with a toothpick
- Add a small dollop of cool whip
- Thread a blueberry on a toothpick and place on top going through all layers
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for a day in a covered container
PLEASE SEE DETAILED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS IN POST
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!