This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
If you are looking for a quick and easy dessert, these Lemon Ricotta Mini Tarts are sure to be at the top of the list! They can be made, served and enjoyed in about 30 minutes!
Okay, so a few weeks have passed since you may have started your new year’s resolution. You’ve been good up to this point but you are missing something and still have a bit of a sweet tooth. It’s alright if you want to enjoy a little treat now – I sure did!
These lemon ricotta mini tarts have just enough sweetness to meet that satisfaction without over indulging. Two tarts are about 190 calories and since they are topped with fruit, they have to be somewhat healthy, right?
I think the key to maintaining the willpower to keep on a good eating track is to every once in awhile not to deny a craving you might have. Just keep it short and sweet (like my pun?)
And if you know me, I am all about lemons. I have made sweet and savory recipes on the blog including Lemon Zucchini Quick Bread, Lemon and Pea Bowtie Salad, Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, and Lemon Poppy Ice Cream to name a few. You can find all the lemon recipes, by typing lemon into the search bar.
Ricotta Lemon Mini Tart helpful tips:
- Make and serve the tarts the day you make them otherwise the tart shells get soggy overnight
- I used blueberries and raspberries but feel free to use other berries too (naked is good too!)
- The recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of lemon zest but you could even increase it to one tablespoon – I think I will do this next time
- The filling can be made a day ahead
- The phyllo shells are found in the frozen food section and do not need to be pre-baked (they are already baked)
- Double or triple the recipe if you are having guests
I hope you enjoy this recipe and it gives you a little sweet treat!
I was inspired to make this recipe from Fool Proof Living
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese (not no fat)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- dash salt
- 15 phyllo cups
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta, egg, honey, vanilla, lemon zest and salt
- Place shells on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Place about one tablespoon of mixture in each shell
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove and cool 5 minutes then top with berries and serve
These should be made and eaten in the same day or shells will become too soft
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 214mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 4g