This Fresh Peach Tart is an easy dessert to make with flaky puff pastry, creamy filling and topped with fresh peaches. An elegant treat that is sure to impress!
Are you ready for a new dessert recipe? I seem to be on a dessert kick lately but with all the fresh fruit we've been having this summer, I just can't resist! This Fresh Peach Tart is the latest creation for the tastebuds. Get ready to enjoy these juicy beauties in an individual dessert.... pretty peachy keen, huh?
- puff pastry
- granulated sugar
- fresh peaches
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- thyme (optional)
- apple jelly
I wanted to experiment with some different flavors and add a touch of fresh thyme. I loved the flavor but it definitely can be optional. If you do use it, be sure to chop the leaves only and mince fine. A big-o-chunk of thyme could be overwhelming!
The puff and cream cheese filling is pretty basic so feel free to use as a base for other fruits you might want to try. I think strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries would be a good pick too!
I always take the leftover puffed pastry and make a few cut-outs with a small cookie cutter. I brush a bit of the egg mixture and sprinkled with sugar. They bake up in about 12 minutes. I like how they add just a little something special.
I often place the sheets in the freezer the night ahead of when I want to use them. I have tried the counter method where it takes about 45 minutes. The key is to make sure the dough is still cold when using.
This tart is best eaten the day made. You could make the cream mixture the day ahead and bake the pastry the next. I would also suggest that the peaches be cut on the day you make recipe.
Get the Recipe
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 fresh peaches
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly, warm
- Preheat oven to 375°
- On a floured surface cute (four) 4" squares out of the puff pastry
- Place each square on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Lightly score about ½" around each with a sharp knife being careful not to cut through the dough (square shape)
- Beat an egg and brush the scored edge with egg mixture (will not need all mixture)
- Sprinkle sugar on egg mixture and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from oven and re-score the edge and lightly push down the center of each square and cool completely on a wire rack
- In a medium bowl combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, honey and thyme and beat until creamy
- Slice a peach into 12 wedges (or 8 wedges - then will need 2 peaches)
- Place about 2-3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture on each square
- Top with 3 peach slices
- Brush warmed jelly over the peaches
- Cover and refrigerate until served or serve immediately
- You will probably have some cream cheese mixture leftover.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
Curious about the origin of puff pastry?
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!