Mini Banana Split Pastry Desserts have it all - bananas, pineapple, strawberries and chocolate, all topped off with a cherry! An easy dessert, but so pretty, it looks like you have fussed all day!
Sweet time! Your taste buds will thank you after one bite of these Mini Banana Split Pastry Desserts. They have it all - bananas, pineapple, strawberries and chocolate all topped off with a cherry, of course!
Have you drooling yet? These are easy to make but look like you have fussed all day! Oh yes, you know you want one......
- puff pastry
- cooked banana pudding mix
- pineapple chunks
- whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
I made these about a month ago for some friends and they were a big hit. You will also appreciate these are not a "heavy" dessert.
A mini banana split pastry makes a great ending to any dinner! Enjoy!
I love making little shaped puffs with the leftover dough... I think they add just a little something to the dessert. You can make stars, hearts or whatever you like!
Detailed instructions can be found in the recipe card. My tip would be to follow the instructions on the puff pastry box for thawing. This will ensure success for making these Mini Banana Split Pastry Tarts.
I like to either use a silpat mat or parchment paper on my cookie sheets to make sure the bottoms bake evenly.
Check out other puff pastry recipes in our index.
Get the Recipe
Mini Banana Split Pastry Dessert
A non-ice cream version of a tasty treat nestled on a flaky puff pastry shell
- One package of puffed pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar for sprinkling
- 1 small package banana pudding (cooked kind)
- 2 bananas
- Fresh pineapple cut into about 1″ wedges (¼″ thick)
- Fresh strawberries cut into slices (¼″ thick)
- Frozen whipped topping thawed
- about ¼ cup chocolate syrup (not hot fudge)
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 375° and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- On a lightly floured surface roll each sheet into a 11 x 11 inch square
- Cut (8) 5 ” (approx) circles and place on lined cookie sheets (4 per sheet)
- With a small sharp knife, lightly score about ½″ from edge in a circle shape being careful not to cut through pastry
- Brush a small sharp knife, lightly score about ½″ from edge in a circle shape being careful not to cut through pastry
- Bake until golden brown (18-20 minutes
- Remove from oven and using small knife again rescore the edge and push the centers of the pastries down to make a well (be careful to not cut through bottoms of pastry)
- Cool completely
- While pastry is baking, prepare banana pudding as directed and place in refrigerator to cool completely
- To assemble – place about 4-5 banana slices in each pastry well, top with about 3-4 tablespoons of banana pudding, add pineapple and strawberries around edge
- Top with piped whipped topping and drizzle with chocolate sauce
- Top with cherries and serve immediately
- To make ahead and serve later (no later than 4 hours), complete step through whipped topping. Just before serving drizzle with chocolate and top with cherry.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!
Kacey Joanette says
Ahhhhh! I am drooling!! My dad is a huge banana split lover so I feel this is the dessert for him!
Amy Accidental Happy Baker says
These are so so cute! They are simple enough that they would make a great recipe to cook with kids too, and one that I know they would devour in a single sitting.
Katalina Kastravet says
This is so easy yet looks so fancy and delicious, loving it!
This is perfection. So dainty yet simple. And the flavors are amazing!
These are SO cute!! Love this idea, perfect!
Laura O says
These are too pretty Deb! So glad you were able to take a vacation before the Summer is over.
Mariah Mercurio says
This look delicious! What a fun spin on a banana split!
Miss Steph says
What a tasty looking treat, and a much better size that a whole banana split! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
This recipe just makes me really happy, Deb, lol! So pretty and I can imagine that it's insanely delicious! The photos, as always, are beautiful. Your shots are always inspirational! Glad to hear you're enjoying summer!
Jamie Sherman says
I love that you made this mini! It would be the perfect ending to a meal when we have company over! 🙂
Sam @ A Happy Home In Holland says
Oh My! These look divine - my girls would love them! Pinned for later 🙂
These Mini Banana Split Pastry Desserts are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Love puff pastry! Blessings, Janet
Alexandra Richards says
Mmmm!! Looks delicious. Pinning. Visiting from the Wow Me Wednesday party with Ginger Snap Crafts.
Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight Party.Pinned & shared.
Jennifer Dawn says
Yum! That looks so good! I want to extend an invite for you to share this at our weekly link party which runs from Wednesday-Monday every week. Hope to see you there! http://www.thelifeofjenniferdawn.com/2017/02/handmade-gifts-for-any-occasion-and.html