This Fresh Peach and Blueberry Tart makes a great summer dessert! It is nestled in flaky puffed pastry and topped with fruits and a yummy glaze.
If you are looking for a quick and easy dessert then this Fresh Peach and Blueberry Tart will be one you’ll want on your must try list! I’m so into fresh fruits this year and have been really trying to incorporate them into lots of my dishes. And I did I mention quick? Yep! and once it goes in the oven, you’ll be enjoying this beautiful tart in 25-30 minutes. It really best when served warm but it also tastes good when left at room temperature. So who’s pulling up a chair for this tasty treat??
A couple weeks ago we were invited to a friend’s cabin, along with another couple, for the weekend for some R&R. Most of the time us three gals just visited and caught up on each others lives – we spent a lot of time on the dock, sitting, relaxing and soaking up the warm sunshine. Once in a while their dog, Belle, would come by and want one of us to throw this toy in the lake. Such a relaxing life! Our men were off trying to provide for the families by fishing in the near by lakes. Everyone had a great time. I love life at the lake and being on lake time. Get up whenever, just throwing on some clothes and don’t even need to do make-up! It’s the best.
We all bring food along and I was in charge of dinner that night. For the main course I marinaded some chicken cubes, skewered and grill them. I also grilled a lot of fresh veggies and mixed them in orzo pasta drizzled with olive oil. Pretty easy. Next up was dessert and I had originally seen this recipe on pinterest by Baker by Nature. I was impressed by how easy it came together and it was the perfect size for the six of us. Of course though I just HAD to make it again to get some pictures. And – well – John and I ate about 2/3 of it ourselves…. Don’t judge us. Make it for yourself and see why it was such a hit!
- 1 puffed pastry sheet thawed according to directions
- 2 peaches pitted and thinly sliced (skins stay on)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper a bit bigger than the puffed pastry size
- When pastry is thawed and ready, slightly roll it with your rolling pin to make it 1" bigger on the long side and then place on parchment paper
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon and cornstarch. Toss peaches gently in mixture before adding to pastry
- Place peaches in 3 rows down the long side overlapping - be sure to leave 1" around all edges.
- Place blueberries on top
- Mix the egg and water until mixed well then brush the edges of the pastry (you will not need it all)
- Place in oven and set time to 16 minutes. About halfway through turn your pan
- When pastry is puffed and golden, remove from oven and place on a wire rack
- Make the vanilla glaze by combining the powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk to make it to the desired consistency you want
- Drizzle on top of warm tart and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 153mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 36g Protein: 3g
Other peach recipes you might like!