This quick, easy and elegant Asparagus Ricotta Lemon Tart is the perfect welcome to spring! Impress your family and friends with this lemony, ricotta and parmesan filling nestled in puffed pastry that is topped with roasted asparagus!
We are getting into spring time and one of my favorite seasonal veggies is asparagus which is really abundant this time of year. It is extremely versatile and can be used in many dishes from appetizers, breakfast, soups to name a few.
One of the easiest ways we enjoy asparagus is just roasted it in the oven or grilling, then drizzling with some olive oil, salt and pepper (and maybe a squirt of fresh lemon). The color gets so vibrant green and I love having a bit of crunch to it. Last year year I added it to this quiche recipe with also an addition of leeks which is another favorite of ours.
This easy to make tart is perfect for spring and would be great for your Easter table to impress your guests!"
While this recipe is being marketed as an appetizer, it even goes well with a brunch or lunch. Just ask us as we ate it for lunch since it was ready after being photographed! A couple of slices were perfect.
We also like the addition of parmesan cheese - it gives it that bit of saltiness and tangy flavor.
Another reason this recipe is so good is the flaky puffed pastry crust. Just taking a bite, gives you that buttery taste that melts in your mouth. A couple other recipes I've made with puffed pastry are: Fresh Peach and Blueberry tarts, Banana Split dessert and Mini Breakfast Fruit Pastries.
Asparagus Ricotta Lemon Tart tips:
- The tart is best when eaten when made. It can be served warm or at room temperature
- The tart can be reheated at 350 for about 10 minutes though the puffed pastry will not be as crunchy as when first made
- Use whole fat ricotta for all the creaminess texture
- The secret to greener asparagus is blanching in boiling water for about 3 minutes (don't skip this part 🙂 )
- Items used to make this recipe - lemon zester, parchment paper, and cookie sheet
Be sure to give it a try and let me know what you think!
Other asparagus recipes you might enjoy:
Get the Recipe
- 1 sheet defrosted puffed pastry sheet
- ¾ lbs. asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- On a floured surface, roll out puffed pasty into a 10"x16" rectangle then move to parchment paper
- Prick pastry with fork
- Bake for 12 minutes (the pastry will puff and turn light golden brown)
- Meanwhile boil about 2" of water in a large skillet then add asparagus and cook for 3 minutes, remove onto a plate and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Beat together the ricotta cheese, egg, ½ cup parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, lemon zest and lemon juice
- On cooled pastry spread the ricotta mixture leaving 1" edge border
- Place asparagus stems on crust then sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Brush exposed edges of pastry with olive oil
- Bake about 18 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese
- Serve immediately or room temperature
Puffed pastry will puff up after first baking but will collapse as it cools or you can lightly press down
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 498mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!