Start the day with these Breakfast Fruit Pastries with flaky puffed pastry, creamy lemon filling and topped with your favorite fruits. They can be on the table in no time and then watch them disappear!
I love using puffed pastry, and no I don't make my own 🙂 when it is so easy to go to your frozen section of the grocery store and pick up a box. This will save you a lot of time when you want to make something quick and delicious!
And speaking of delicious, these breakfast fruit pastries are super simple to make and are mighty tasty if I do say so myself. And waste not, want not by cutting out some stars from the leftover pastry to give them a fun look (or other shapes).
- cream cheese
- lemon curd
- vanilla extract
- puff pastry
- coarse sugar
Please see recipe card for quantities
Please see recipe card for complete instructions for making Breakfast Fruit Pastries.
Don't these berries look so good!
Once the pastry is thawed (follow the box directions), these can be on the table in about 30 minutes. You can also pick your favorite fruits as toppings. Right now the blueberries and raspberries are tasting pretty good to me but you could also use strawberries, blackberries, etc.
The lemon curd for the cream cheese filling gives it a nice tang too.
More Puff Pastry Recipes
If you are interested in other recipes I've made using puffed pastry, be sure to check out these other recipes: Brie and Pepper Jelly appetizers, Mini Banana Split desserts, and Raspberry Lemon Tarts. There are so many ways to use the pastry so don't be afraid to experiment!
Frozen sheets can take about six to eight hours in the refrigerator. You could also place in the refrigerator the night before. The key to using it is to make sure it is still cold when using for a recipe.
I have not tried this method but you could wrap one sheet in a paper towel and place in microwave on high for 30 seconds (check after 20 seconds since each microwaves have different wattage).
Yes but the quality will most likely be affected. It may not be as crispy and not rise as much.
I was inspired to make this recipe from Just a Taste and tweaked it slightly.
Get the Recipe
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 puffed pastry sheets thawed
- 1 ½ cups fruit
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees then line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese with sugar, curd, and vanilla - beat until really creamy and set aside
- Use a lightly floured surface to unroll the pastry sheets and roll them lightly so edges are sealed
- Cut out of each sheet 4 4" circles and place on parchment paper (4 per sheet)
- Using a small sharp knife, lightly score about ¼" from edge and use a fork to prick center of pastries
- Take the lemon filling and divide between each round and spread to edge of scoring
- Top with your fruit
- Beat the egg and one tablespoon of water and brush the edges of the pastry and then sprinkle with coarse sugar
- Bake until they are puffed and golden - about 18-20 minutes
- Let cool for about 5 minutes then serve and enjoy!
You can also with the leftover pastry, cut out shapes, brush with egg wash and bake - they will probably bake faster than the pastries
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!