Start the day with these Breakfast Fruit Pastries with flaky puffed pastry, creamy lemon filling and topped with your favorite fruits. They can be on the table in no time and then watch them disappear!
I love using puffed pastry, and no I don’t make my own 🙂 when it is so easy to go to your frozen section of the grocery store and pick up a box. This will save you a lot of time when you want to make something quick and delicious!
And speaking of delicious, these breakfast fruit pastries are super simple to make and are mighty tasty if I do say so myself. And waste not, want not by cutting out some stars from the leftover pastry to give them a fun look (or other shapes).
Once the pastry is thawed (follow the box directions), these can be on the table in about 30 minutes. You can also pick your favorite fruits as toppings. Right now the blueberries and raspberries are tasting pretty good to me but you could also use strawberries, blackberries, etc.
The lemon curd for the cream cheese filling gives it a nice tang too.
What are you plans this weekend (besides making these pastries)? A friend and I are heading to St. Paul to take a cooking class at Cooks of Crocus Hill called Tuscan Sunny Side up.
We will be making five different dishes for a brunch type menu. I think it will be really fun and can’t wait to go.
If you are interested in other recipes I’ve made using puffed pastry, be sure to check out these other recipes: Brie and Pepper Jelly appetizers, Mini Banana Split desserts, and Raspberry Lemon Tarts. There are so many ways to use the pastry so don’t be afraid to experiment!
Don’t these berries look so good!
I was inspired to make this recipe from Just a Taste and tweaked it slightly.
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 puffed pastry sheets thawed
- 1 1/2 cups fruit
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees then line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese with sugar, curd, and vanilla - beat until really creamy and set aside
- Use a lightly floured surface to unroll the pastry sheets and roll them lightly so edges are sealed
- Cut out of each sheet 4 4" circles and place on parchment paper (4 per sheet)
- Using a small sharp knife, lightly score about 1/4" from edge and use a fork to prick center of pastries
- Take the lemon filling and divide between each round and spread to edge of scoring
- Top with your fruit
- Beat the egg and one tablespoon of water and brush the edges of the pastry and then sprinkle with coarse sugar
- Bake until they are puffed and golden - about 18-20 minutes
- Let cool for about 5 minutes then serve and enjoy!
You can also with the leftover pastry, cut out shapes, brush with egg wash and bake - they will probably bake faster than the pastries
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.