Cranberry Pistachio Fig Cheese Log is a festive appetizer that is easy to make. The sweet-savory flavor combo makes it perfect for holiday parties!
Tis the season for gatherings and let's face it, it is great to keep things simple (and delicious). This cheese log comes together quick and will delight your family and friends.
When I entertain I like to have a variety of hot and cold appetizers but still keeping it simple. Another appetizer is this Olive Christmas Tree that looks elegant and can be made a day ahead. Grilled Shrimp with Cranberry Salsa is also a family favorite with tangy flavor.
- goat cheese
- cream cheese
- green onions
- dried cranberries
- fig jam
Please see recipe card below for quantities and details.
In a medium bowl combine the goat cheese, cream cheese and green onions with an electric mixer.
Form the cheese mixture into a log (about 8-9") and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for about an hour to firm up a bit.
Combine the chopped pistachios and dried cranberries onto a plate.
Remove the cheese log from plastic wrap, place on top of mixture and gently press. Invert and place on a serving tray.
Warm up the fig jam a bit and drizzle over the prepared cheese log.
Like what you see here or want to make some changes? Feel free to try out these different ideas as well.
- Spicy - use chili flavored pistachios instead of plain or add a bit of cayenne pepper (a tiny bit!)
- Nuts - use pecans or walnuts
- Jam - apricot or orange would be good or instead of jam you could use honey
When I shape the log, I coat my hands with vegetable spray to keep it from sticking.
How to serve
The Cranberry Pistachio Fig Cheese Log can be served with crackers, sliced baguette bread, apple or pear slices.
The cheese log can be made and stored in the refrigerator about 2 hours ahead but be sure to bring to room temperature before serving to bring back the smooth texture.
Get the Recipe
- 4 ounces goat cheese, soft
- 4 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced green onion
- ⅓ cup pistachios, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ¼ cup fig jam
- In a medium bowl combine the goat cheese, cream cheese and green onions (use a mixer or small food processor)
- Shape into a 8-9" log and wrap in plastic wrap; place in refrigerator for about an hour
- Place chopped pistachios and cranberries on a plate
- Unwrap cheese log and place on chopped mixture
- Invert and place on a serving tray
- Warm up the fig jam a bit and drizzle over the log
- Serve immediately with crackers, bread or fruit slices
PLEASE SEE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS IN POST
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
I was inspired to make this recipe with my own additions from Sugary Logic.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!