These sweet and salty St. Patrick Club Cracker bars (aka toffee bars) are an easy no-bake snack you can whip up in no time.
The salty, crunchy bar has a filling of brown sugar, butter, graham crackers, vanilla and are topped with white chocolate and lots of sprinkles. These are definitely addictive and I bet you can't eat just one!
St. Patrick Club Cracker Bars
I've been wanting to make a quick snack for St. Patrick's Day to share with you. These bars can be made in under 20 minutes and are sure to be a hit for young and old alike.
You could also enlist the kids to help by placing the crackers in the pan and once the frosting is on, they can sprinkle to their heart's content!
This quick and easy no-bake snack is a perfect treat pleasing to all leprechauns"
I've made these bars before and instead of using white chocolate as the frosting, they have a topping of chocolate and butterscotch chips along with peanut butter and taste like a Twix bar. Another great option to try.
What ingredients will you need?
- brown sugar
- graham cracker crumbs
- vanilla extract
- club crackers
- sprinkles - green, gold, etc
- white and green melting chocolate chips (see below on where to get)
What steps are needed to make this recipe?
Start by lining a jelly roll pan with parchment paper and placing the crackers on top.
Next in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, brown sugar, graham crackers, butter and bring to boil.
When mixture comes to boil, stir constantly for 7 minutes then add vanilla.
Pour toffee mixture onto top of crackers and then place another row of crackers on top.
Spread melted white chocolate onto top of crackers, then add green melted chocolate and swirl.
Lastly, add colored sprinkles and let set up (I put my pan in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes).
Can other crackers be used?
Yes, you could substitute regular saltines for the club crackers. Just be sure to use a cracker with salt to give it that good sweet-to-salty ratio.
What other recipes are good for St. Patrick's Day?
How about starting your meal off with a tasty Irish Potato soup? This recipe can be made in about 35 minutes and see how I made shamrock shaped biscuits from a can.
A couple other dessert recipes that have been a hit are Minty Brownie Bites and Leprechaun Muddy Buddies (made without peanut butter).
Tips for making this recipe
- As a remainder the sugar filling is hot so be extra careful when pouring it on the crackers.
- Spread the toffee mixture quickly before it hardens.
- You can melt the chips in the microwave by following the directions on the package or use a double boiler (which is water simmering in a pan and a large heat safe bowl on top that does NOT touch the water)
- Be sure to add sprinkles right away before the chocolate hardens
- To harden the chocolate after making, just place in the refrigerator about 5 minutes.
- Cut bars can be stored in an airtight container for about 4-5 days (does not need to be refrigerated)
And for the adults, how about this boozy shamrock shake!
Be sure to pin this recipe to save for later!
St. Patrick Club Cracker Bars
A simple, easy and quick St. Patrick's Day treat for all to enjoy!
- 80 club crackers
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 oz. white candy melts (i.e. Wilton)
- 6 oz. dark green candy melts
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Line a jelly roll pan with 40 club crackers that is lined with parchment paper
- In a medium saucepan, bring to boil the butter, graham crackers, brown sugar and milk
- Boil for 7 minutes stirring constantly; remove from heat and add vanilla
- Pour mixture on crackers then place another layer of crackers on top
- Melt the white chocolate chips according to instructions on package and frost the bars
- Melt the dark green chocolate chips according to instructions on package and place dollops onto white frosting and swirl
- Top with sprinkles
- Place in refrigerator about 5 minutes to set
- Cut and serve (I tried to follow lines of crackers)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!
Join the discussion