Mint brownie bites are an easy St. Patrick's Day dessert recipe! Do you know how to keep your favorite leprechaun out of mischief? Serve these Shamrock Mint Brownie Bites!
Yes, I know it is Valentine's Day today, but I'm sure by now you have a special dessert ready to go. And if not, no worries, there is still time to make my recent recipe Raspberry Mousse Tarts. They are a quick, easy, no bake dessert.
But for those of us who are looking forward to a new holiday dessert, let's move onto St. Patrick's Day with these mini mint brownie bites. Each wee little bite is like finding gold at the end of a rainbow with a fudgy brownie, chocolate ganache and topped with a smooth buttercream frosting. And adding sprinkles makes them magically delicious!
This past weekend I was home all alone as the DIY Guy went ice fishing waaaaay up in northern Minnesota. I had 3 days alone and it was a great way to spend most of my time in the kitchen. I made these BBQ Bacon Cheesy Totchos which became my Friday dinner and Sunday lunch! These mint brownie bites became my dessert for a couple days.
I also made some lemon pull apart rolls. Oh, and I made homemade sauce and pasta for our Valentine's dinner tonight. Just call me Suzy Homemaker!
I really should have taken a picture of the kitchen, it was quite messy but I was in my happy place. Just putzing around in my sweats, a bit of flour here and there (some on me), listening to tunes and being on my own schedule. And while I was in my happy place, John was in his, and every day the guys caught their limit of walleye. They had to eat some for meals so they could fish the next day. I would call it a little luck of the Irish (though we are Italian!)
Enjoy these mint brownie bites! You might want to make two batches!
If you make them and are able to take a photo, come over to my Facebook page and share it!
And if you are looking for other St. Patrick's Day dessert recipes, check out these two recipes - Shamrock Cheeseball and Leprechaun Monster Cookies.
Another great recipe from a friend of mine are these Mint Cheesecake and Oreo Trifles.
How bites do you want to eat? Don't worry I won't tell anyone!
Get the Recipe
- Box fudge brownie mix (no add ins)
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring (or more to desired color)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven as box directs; spray mini cupcake pans with vegetable spray
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions and place mixture in pans (about ½ way up)
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven; let sit 5 minutes then remove from pan (you will probably need to use a small metal spatula to run around the edges before removing)
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, butter, extract, and food coloring . Mix until creamy then gradually add in the powdered sugar.
- Place frosting in a pastry bag with a swirl tip (mine was number 38)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream just to a boil; remove and add in chocolate chips. Stir until melted
- Dip tops of brownie bites into ganache and set on a wire rack. Let set up for 5 minutes
- Pipe frosting on top
- Decorate with sprinkles as desired.
- Store in refrigerator
You may think the bites are a bit dry when they come out of the oven but as they sit in the refrigerator, they soften up and will be just right!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!