This Southwest Chicken Quinoa Soup is a satisfying soup that will fill you and keep you warm. The southwest flavors are amazing and it is so easy to make!
What could be more comforting than a nice warm bowl of soup especially when the weather is a bit nip. You’ll love this protein-packed soup that comes together in about 35 minutes which makes it a perfect weeknight meal.
Winter is in full swing here and some days I don’t even like getting out of house. 🙂 I’m definitely not a cold weather person which is why soup recipes appeal to me this time of year. Gotta keep these bones warm!
Besides this Southwest Chicken Quinoa Soup recipe, you will find at the end of this post other great comforting soup recipes from our monthly blogger group. I’m sure you will find some comforting soups to try soon.
Southwest Chicken Quinoa Soup Tips:
- The recipe calls for pre-cooked chicken that can be bought in the grocery store or perhaps cooked early in the week (or cooked as stated in recipe)
- Adjust how spicy you want it by adding an additional jalapeno pepper
- Other toppings to serve the soup with – a squirt of lime, sour cream, fresh avocado, crushed tortilla chips and chopped cilantro
- Serve these Green Chile Cheddar Biscuits with the soup for a complete meal
- This soup will keep for about five days
Doesn’t this soup look inviting and full of flavor!
Leftover Turkey Wild Rice Soup
Baked Potato Soup
Habanero Spicy Chicken Soup with Black Beans
Slow Cooker Vegetable Barley Soup
Slow Cooker Soup Beans & Ham
Southwest Chicken Quinoa Soup
Creamy Potato & Ham Soup
Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Soup
Bacon White Chicken Chili
Copycat Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
Stovetop Taco Soup
Creamy Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons shallot, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 oz. fire roasted tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz. canned corn, drained
- 15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (rinsed well prior to use)
- 16 oz. boneless chicken cooked and shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place boneless chicken on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake until done (about 20 minutes)
- Meanwhile in a large pot heat the oil over medium high heat then add the shallots, jalapenos and saute 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, salt, lime juice, quinoa, corn and beans
- Bring to boil, turn low and simmer for 5 minutes
- When chicken is done, shred and place in soup for an additional 5 minutes
An easy way to shred chicken is place in your mixer with a paddle attachment and place on medium speed. If desired, you could just dice chicken.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2842Total Fat: 85gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 58gCholesterol: 434mgSodium: 9024mgCarbohydrates: 316gFiber: 77gSugar: 50gProtein: 221g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.