In under 30 minutes you can have this Creamy Tuscan Tortellini Soup on the table! This one pot soup is comforting and full of Italian flavor.
While I’m definitely ready to give winter up, I’m not ready to give up delicious soup recipes. Other than summer, we enjoy soup almost all year long. I especially love ones that are easy to make and are hearty enough for a main course.
This soup is easy because it is made in one pot, is ready in under 30 minutes and tastes great reheated. All that is missing is some good bread like this No Knead Skillet Bread and maybe a side salad, then you are all set!
We have had one of the snowiness and coldest months ever and this gal is looking forward to spring. We live in a cul-de-sac and this year we were the “lucky” ones with the snow plow driver pushing all snow in front of our house. It’s about 15 feet tall and the only thing it is good for is our grandkids love climbing and sliding down it. At this rate, the mound will probably be here until June!
The flavors in this soup really meld well together – there is a bit of sweet cream, diced tomatoes, cheesy tortellini, fresh spinach, white beans, cooked chicken all simmered in chicken broth with some Italian spices including fresh garlic. Luckily it is ready soon so you don’t need to wait long to enjoy it.
Tips for making Creamy Tuscan Tortellini Soup:
- It you like food on the spicier side, add a pinch of crushed red pepper
- Any kind of tortellini will do, we like the cheese variety
- Add the spinach near the end of cooking so that is just wilts
- Substitute the cooked chicken for cooked sausage
- If the soup gets too thick by sitting, add additional chicken broth
Other soup recipes from my blogging friends that are made in 30 minutes or under:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 15 oz. can of small white beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 9 oz. cheese tortellini (refrigerated variety)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large heavy pot melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat
- Add the onion and cook until tender (about 6 minutes)
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds
- Add the broth, tomatoes, beans, heavy cream, parmesan and seasonings
- Stir and bring to simmer
- Add chicken and tortellini and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add spinach and cook for one minute
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 548 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 108mg Sodium: 1276mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 5g Protein: 26g