Carrot coconut bread is loaded with carrots, coconut, and walnuts. Topped with a creamy glaze and toasted coconut. This easy quick bread recipe is perfect for breakfast or when company calls!
Hey what’s up doc? Bugs Bunny would definitely be interested in today’s carrot coconut bread recipe since it is loaded with fresh carrots and a bonus with lots of sweet coconut and crunchy walnuts. So easy to make and a great recipe to have on hand for breakfast and perhaps for your Easter table. It’s also super moist and sure to disappear fast!
If you love carrot cake, then this is the quick bread recipe for you. No need to bake all the layers, make frosting, assemble it or decorate it. This quick bread has all those flavors in a loaf pan and has an easy cream cheese glaze. Make it, bake it and enjoy it all in about one hour.
This recipe will make one big loaf or three small ones – I opted for the three small ones since I planned on eating one myself – HA. Well, I really didn’t do that, but I sure could have. I actually wanted to keep one for us (sharing with the DIY Guy) and share the other two with friends. It’s always nice to share, right? And none of my friends have ever turned down a treat I’ve given them. (And nor do I when I’m the recipient!)
It just seems like this time of year that carrots remind me of spring and Easter. In past years, I have made carrot cake muffins and even a carrot ginger soup (this one was a great hit for the bridal shower I hosted last year). Get your orange on! I topped one loaf with just toasted coconut and another with toasted coconut and walnuts – the third one is naked for now.
I hope you enjoy the carrot coconut glazed bread recipe!
My naked loaf.
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (or vanilla)
- 1 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- additional walnuts for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl beat the oil, brown sugar and sugar until it is mixed well
- Add the 2 eggs, vanilla paste and yogurt beating again until creamy
- Stir in by hand the carrots and coconut
- In a medium bowl whisk together the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour
- Add a small bit of flour at a time to the wet ingredients (beating on a slow speed) unless well combined
- Stir in walnuts
- Grease 3 small loaf pans and divide mixture between pans
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until a toothpick has a few crumbs left on it
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes then remove
- Make glaze by combing the cream cheese, extract, salt, powdered sugar and milk
- Beat until creamy
- Cool loaves for about 10-15 minutes
- Spread with a spoon the glaze on the loaves
- Top with toasted coconut and walnuts if desired
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator
To make toasted coconut heat a small saute pan on medium heat and add coconut. Stir occasionally until the coconut is browned (watch so it doesn't burn)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.