This simple Fresh Cranberry Quick Bread is bursting with fresh tangy, juicy cranberries baked in a buttery cake that is moist and delicious! The tart berries explode in your mouth for the ultimate tasty treat.
Tis the season for fresh cranberries and I honestly love baking with them all season long. I love their tart flavor and how they can go in many different recipes.
In past years for Christmas morning, I have made a Cranberry Skillet Bread to nosh on while we open our presents. You can also make cookies like these Cranberry Orange Pinwheels that are perfect for the holidays.
- fresh cranberries
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
Please see recipe card for quantities.
Step 1: in a medium sized bowl, add the sugar and eggs
Step 2: using a hand mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together until the mixture increases in volume and turns a pale yellow - this should take about 8-9 minutes on high (if using a stand mixer put on the whisk attachment and beat for about 6-7 minutes to achieve same results).
Step 3: once the mixture is pale yellow move to step 4.
Step 4: add to the egg/sugar mixture the cubed unsalted butter (room temperature) and vanilla.
Step 5: add the flour, salt and fresh cranberries by hand to the creamed mixture. The batter will be quite thick.
Step 6: place the batter evenly into prepared mini loaf pans.
Step 7: bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out pretty clean; place on cooling rack for 15 minutes then remove and let cool completely.
While this Fresh Cranberry Quick Bread is great on its own you could also do a couple things to make it your way:
- Nuts - add walnuts or pecans to the batter before baking
- Flavors - orange zest would accompany this bread deliciously or even adding some almond extract
You are going to love this! When the loaves are completely cool, wrap in plastic wrap tightly and foil. They will stay fresh in the freezer for 2 months. Thaw overnight at room temperature while still wrapped. To store on your counter, place in an airtight container for up to a week.
The reason I like to use parchment paper is because it acts as handles when removing the loaves from the pans (see step by step photo).
Oh and did I mention these would make perfect food gifts for the holidays!
Get the Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Line 4 mini loaf pans with parchment paper (see photos)
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs with a hand mixer about 8 minutes until the mixture is pale yellow and well combined (it will also be increased double in volume)
- Beat in the butter and vanilla extract until it is very smooth
- By hand with a spatula, add in flour, salt and cranberries (batter will be really thick)
- Divide batter between the 4 pans and gently spread
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes until a toothpick just has a few crumbs attached
- Place on wire rack and cool for 15 minutes
- Run a small metal spatula around edges and lift the loaves out of pans
- Cool completely on wire rack
PLEASE SEE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
I was inspired to make this recipe at The Kitchn.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!