This giant Pumpkin Spice Skillet Roll is super easy to make! It starts with canned biscuits and layered in a brown sugar and spice mix with a creamy cream cheese glaze
In lieu of a scratch and sniff feature, you will just need to believe me and run right out to get what you need to make this yummy roll. As it bakes, the aroma tantalizes your nose in anticipation!
Then when it comes out of the oven (in about 20 minutes) and cools down a bit, you will slather on a creamy cream cheese glaze. The only decision you will make is just pulling it apart to eat or cutting it into slices. 🙂
One of secrets to making the skillet roll, is using canned biscuits. There is no need to make your own dough unless of course you enjoy doing that (I prefer the quick and easy method). These will come out slightly crunchy on the top and soft and gooey in the middle. Ah, perfection!
I think you will also like that these are prepared, baked and served in one skillet. Just be sure to have a pot holder or cloth on the handle when it is out of the oven. Yes, I have made the mistake in the past of just grabbing the handle without thinking. Once you make that mistake, you learn your lesson so that is why I want to warn you ahead of time!
Earlier today I posted on Instagram a process shot of winding the dough around to make the roll shape.
Useful tips for making a Pumpkin Spice Skillet Roll:
- Remove the biscuits from the refrigerator about 15 minutes ahead of time (this makes the dough easier to work with)
- Use shallow bowls for the brown sugar mixture and melted butter
- Butter your skillet pan well to prevent sticking and use a skillet that is at least 2″ deep and 10 or 12 inches in diameter
Have I convinced you to make these soon? I hope so! They would also be perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning. Other skillet recipes you might enjoy:
- 3 cans (16.3 oz) Grand Style Biscuits
- 1 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin spice mix
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups confectionery sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter your skillet well (I used a 10" one)
- In a shallow bowl combine the sugar, brown sugar and pumpkin spice
- In another shallow bowl place the melted butter
- Roll each biscuit into a 2"x6" piece (and about 1/4" thick)
- Dip both sides of biscuit in butter and shake off excess
- Dip both sides of biscuit in brown sugar mixture
- Start in the middle of your skillet and roll into a round shape (like a regular cinnamon roll)- for each biscuit added, continue adding around tightly. (I stretched slightly as I was adding them around the middle one)
- Don't worry if you have space around the edges after adding all the biscuits, it will bake to the edges
- Bake for about 24 minutes until golden brown; remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes
- Use a hand mixer to combine the cream cheese, milk and confectionery sugar
- Spread over warm rolls and enjoy!
Refer to this process shot to see how the biscuits were rolled
Depending on size of skillet, you may not need all the biscuits either
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 0gSugar: 61gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.