This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread is soooo good! Loaded with a spiced pumpkin flavor, raisins and pecans.
Today is Secret Recipe Club reveal day! This month I was assigned to Julie's blog called Little Bit of Everything from the Good Life. In looking through her recipes,
I couldn't decide between her sweet or savory ones but with pumpkin season coming soon, this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread was calling my name. I'm in the mood for a taste of fall and this hit the spot!
I followed the recipe exactly but instead of using 2 medium loaf pans, I used 3 small ones and made the rest of the batter into muffins. (BTW the muffins were delicious too!)
The recipe below is for the 2 medium pans. I also decided to jazz them up a bit with a drizzle of cream cheese frosting - it complimented the bread perfectly.
I liked how easy this was to make and I always seem to have a can of pumpkin in my pantry (Note to self - buy more pumpkin!) I think this would go perfectly with tea or coffee and since it makes more than one loaf, you can share and still have some for yourself!
As usual, the DIY Guy brought some to work and I heard it was gone in a flash - maybe for them I should have made a bigger loaf!
As I mentioned Julie has some other really great recipes - I will be trying a couple of them including Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup and Peach Caprese Salad (I love anything caprese).
Another tasty bread recipe you might like - Pumpkin Banana
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup raisins
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tbls milk
- Bread - Preheat the oven to 350 then grease and flour 2 9x59x loaf pans
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy
- Add sugar next beating until fluffy
- Add eggs one at time beating well after each addition
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and add gradually to cream cheese mixture
- Stir in pumpkin, pecans and raisins
- Spoon batter evenly between the 2 pans and bake for an hour or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes then remove from pan
- When completely cool drizzle with frosting
- Frosting - beat cream cheese until very creamy then add in powdered sugar
- Stir in vanilla and add 3 tbls of milk – add more to get desired consistency
- Drizzle over bread
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.