Orange Cranberry Biscotti is a toasted crunchy treat that goes well with your morning beverage or as a snack. This orange sweet dough is baked with sweet dried cranberries and drizzled with white chocolate. Makes a great holiday gift too!
I love biscotti - they are crunchy and are great with coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Orange and cranberries go perfect together and note the drizzle of white chocolate (because everything is better with it!).
Keep biscotti on hand for your own enjoyment or invite a friend over to sit and relax during these busy times.
- dried cranberries
- orange juice
- baking powder
- white chocolate
This time of year too, you may be heading out to parties or other holiday events, biscotti would make a perfect hostess gift and perhaps include some tea bags, coffee or hot chocolate packets. I’m sure anyone would love to be the recipient of this tasty treat.
Biscotti can be stored for several weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.
After you do the first baking (see instructions), place cut side down on parchment paper making sure the sides are exposed (meaning don't place right next to each other). This will increase air flow so the entire biscotti will crisp up. Biscotti are meant to be dry and crunchy.
I use a serrated knife and cut before they have too long to cool.
We especially like with coffee and even dunk it at times.
Be sure to check out my Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti where I give some step by step instructions.
- 1 cup (5 oz.) dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange zested
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 oz. white chocolate (not white chips or it doesn't melt good)
- Place dried cranberries in a bowl and add boiling water for 2 minutes then drain well.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, orange juice, zest, and butter with a whisk until well mixed then add one egg at a time
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated
- Add cranberries and mix well then chill dough for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Spray hands with PAM then divide dough in half and shape into a 4"by 8" rectangle
- Bake for 25 minutes (or until light golden brown and edges start to brown)
- Place parchment paper on cooling rack for 15 minutes
- Slice each log into ½-3/4" slices then place (cut side down) on cookie sheet (no paper) and bake again for about 25-30 minutes turning halfway through
- Biscotti should be crispy
- Remove and cool
- In a small bowl place white chocolate and microwave on high stirring every 10 seconds until just melted - watch so it does not burn
- Drizzle with a fork over one side of biscotti
- Place in refrigerator to harden (I keep my biscotti in the refrigerator in an air tight container)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
Learn more about biscotti at wikipedia.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!