Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti has that toasted crunchy texture that makes them perfect for snacking or breakfast. Salty pistachios, sweet dried craisins are baked in a vanilla dough and drizzled with white chocolate for the ultimate delicious treat!
Today I’m sharing this easy to make recipe that is perfect to have on hand for a breakfast treat any time or around the holidays.
I grew up with my Italian grandparents sitting around with their morning coffee and dunking their anise biscotti. I also think my grandfather put some extra anise liquor in his coffee too 🙂
I was also allowed to have a treat but not the extra liquor. Oh well, that was okay! While theirs were store bought, making them at home is really easy to do. Ready to get baking?
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: in a large bowl place the soft butter and granulated sugar
Step 2: use a mixer (hand or stand) to cream the mixture together (will take about 2 minutes)
Step 3: place the eggs and vanilla in the bowl
Step 4: beat until the mixture is completely smooth
Step 5: combine the baking powder to the flour then gradually add and mix to the egg/butter mixture
Step 6: combine until mixed well
Step 7: add in craisins and chopped pistachios
Step 8: use a spatula or spoon to mix until the craisins and pistachios are evenly mixed and distributed in dough
Step 9: place dough on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper
Step 10: using your hands (I dip by fingertips in flour), shape the dough into a 5 by 12 inch rectangle; bake at 350 for 25 minutes
Step 11: remove from oven and cut into 1″ slices using a serrated knife or a pizza cutter
Step 12: place cut side down on cookie sheet, return to oven and bake 10 minutes, flip over and bake again another 10 minutes
Once the biscotti is baked, remove from the oven and let cool. Melt some white chocolate chips then use a fork to drizzle it over the biscotti.
- After chopping the pistachios, I place them in a colander with really small holes to get rid of the “dust” or super fine particles that I don’t want in my dough
- Instead of drizzling the white chocolate, the bottoms can be dipped if you prefer
- I would not recommend freezing the biscotti after baking (they will not be as crisp) but you can freeze the dough
- Baked cranberry pistachio biscotti can be stored in an airtight container or ziploc bag for about 2 weeks
- Substitute the pistachios and craisins for other ingredients – dried cherries, apricots, almonds, walnuts – just about any flavors you would like
- These hold up well for shipping to friends and family
- NOTE: these make a great hostess gift for the holidays!
Other Biscotti Recipes
Once you have made these and see how easy they are to make, here are some other recipes you might want to try:
I was inspired to make this recipe from Shugary Sweets.
Why this recipe works. They are easy to make, have a long shelf life, make a great hostess gift and are perfect for dunking!
Get the Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios (shelled)
- 2 oz. white chocolate chips, melted according to package
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine the sugar and butter and beat well (about 2 minutes)
- Add eggs and vanilla until well combined
- Combine flour and baking powder then gradually add to the egg/butter mixture
- Use a spatula or wooden spoon to fold in pistachios and craisins
- Shape dough on parchment paper into a 5x12" rectangle
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and cut rectangle into 1" slices with a serrated knife
- Place cut side down on parchment paper and bake 10 minutes; flip over and bake another 10 minutes
- Remove and let cool
- Drizzle white chocolate over cooled biscotti; allow to dry then store in an airtight container or ziploc type bag
PLEASE SEE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS IN POST
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.