Got the munchies this holiday season? This white chocolate peppermint popcorn with M&Ms makes a tasty snack for all!
Today's post almost didn't happen. I made the recipe, I sampled the recipe and then I sampled the recipe again a few more times and that's where it almost ended. I very quickly got addicted to this tasty snack and probably could have finished it all by myself. But knowing I had to get a post out, I had to walk away, get out the camera and shoot while resisting the urge to keep eating out of the bowl. The combination of the white chocolate, peppermint with M&Ms was just perfect. And since I like to share, I want you to get addicted too 🙂
It's that time of the year where you might be thinking of quick and easy holiday gifts. You might want to give a little something maybe to your mailman, paper boy (or girl), teacher, hair dresser, etc, etc. The list can go on and on. Whip up this snack and divide into some small baggies, tied with red and green ribbon with a fun tag. I'm sure anyone who is the recipient would be thrilled. Self gifting is okay too - I won't say anything!
I'm getting real excited for the holiday season. This past weekend I had a decorate the house until you drop day! We were gone for a few days visiting our daughter and her family for Thanksgiving and came back on Saturday morning. The DIY Guy pulled out all the house decoration tubs and I got down to business. It took about 5 hours but it's all done and now we can just enjoy it and relax a bit. Next up is shopping and I did take advantage of some cyber Monday sales. The rest I'll need to hit the stores but I enjoy doing that and seeing all the decorations in the stores.
Maybe I'll tuck a bag of this snack to munch on during those trips. Also, in case you missed an earlier post, I also have 30 energy snacks to help you keep moving this holiday season.
- ¼ cup unpopped popcorn (or 5 ½ cups popped popcorn)
- 6 oz white chocolate (I used Wilton Melts)
- 1.5 oz green white chocolate (Wilton Melts)
- 2-3 tablespoons crushed peppermint candy canes
- ¼ cup mini M&Ms (red and green)
- Place unpopped corn in a lunch size paper bag and fold the open end over twice (about an 1")
- Pop in microwave on high until popping slows down to 2 seconds (about 2 - 2 ½ minutes)
- Place in a large bowl and discard any kernals that aren't popped
- In a small microwave bowl place the white chocolate and cook on 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until melted (about 2-3 minutes)
- Pour over popcorn and mix well then add about 2 tablespoons crushed candy canes and the M&Ms. (I used my hands)
- Spread out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet (try to get into a single layer)
- Sprinkle additional crushed candy cane if desired
- Melt the green white chocolate (about 1 minute using method above). Place in a small baggie with the end snipped off and drizzle onto the popcorn mixture
- Let cool and harden (takes about 15 minutes) then break up into chunks.
- Keep stored in an airtight container
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.