This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Just what you need with your coffee or tea! Enjoy these Orange Cranberry Biscotti today! Especially tasty with a drizzle of white chocolate.
Oh boy, the holidays are in full force now – Thanksgiving is tomorrow and the countdown to Christmas begins. Lights, camera, action! I’m getting pretty excited and, I’m not sure about you, but I really need to get my head in gear and starting thinking of what to buy folks, decorate (but waiting until AFTER turkey day) and of course cooking/baking. So as I’m making my list and checking it twice, I’m going to be snacking on these Orange Cranberry Biscotti. I love biscotti – they are crunchy and are great with coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Orange and cranberries go perfect together and note the drizzle of white chocolate (because everything is better with it!). Keep biscotti on hand for your own enjoyment or invite a friend over to sit and relax during these busy times.
If you haven’t stopped by Your Homebased Mom this past month, be sure to do so where you will find this recipe and other posts during the 2015 Bake Craft Sew event. Whether you are a crafty person or want to become one, we can all use some ideas for the holidays, right?
Another reason I am getting so excited is this year our granddaughter is over two and I think she will be having blast. It will be so fun to see her open presents and take in everything in through her eyes. She is currently loving Sophia the First and Frozen so I’m sure a gift along those lines will be in order. Now I hope she doesn’t wake us up too early – haha.
This time of year too, you may be heading out to parties or other holiday events, biscotti would make a perfect hostess gift and perhaps include some tea bags, coffee or hot chocolate packets. I’m sure anyone would love to be the recipient of this tasty treat.
- 1 cup (5 oz.) dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange zested
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz. white chocolate (not white chips or it doesn't melt good)
- Place dried cranberries in a bowl and add boiling water for 2 minutes then drain well.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, orange juice, zest, and butter with a whisk until well mixed then add one egg at a time
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated
- Add cranberries and mix well then chill dough for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Spray hands with PAM then divide dough in half and shape into a 4"by 8" rectangle
- Bake for 25 minutes (or until light golden brown and edges start to brown)
- Place parchment paper on cooling rack for 15 minutes
- Slice each log into 1/2-3/4" slices then place (cut side down) on cookie sheet (no paper) and bake again for about 25-30 minutes turning halfway through
- Biscotti should be crispy
- Remove and cool
- In a small bowl place white chocolate and microwave on high stirring every 10 seconds until just melted - watch so it does not burn
- Drizzle with a fork over one side of biscotti
- Place in refrigerator to harden (I keep my biscotti in the refrigerator in an air tight container)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 109mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13g Protein: 2g
Other quick holiday breakfast goodies to have on hand (or for for gift giving)!
Have a very Happy Holiday!