These bite-sized No Bake Cheesecake Phyllo cups are loaded with a creamy lemon zest cheesecake filling that are topped with fresh strawberries. All this goodness is nestled in a crispy phyllo cup and then drizzled with chocolate for the ultimate sweet treat!
No Bake Cheesecake Phyllo Cups
Are you looking for a sweet treat that looks elegant but is easy to make? These mini tarts would certainly impress your family and friends for occasions like parties, showers or any gathering.
One of the best parts, they are made and served in under 15 minutes. How's that for ease?
No need to fuss to make a fancy dessert when you can whip these tarts up in no time!
I love using phyllo cups and they work well for sweet or savory bites. If you are a fan of cannolis, these Bite Size Cannoli Bites would be perfect and these Mini Ham Quiches would go well at breakfast or brunch.
What ingredients will you need?
- Fresh strawberries
- Cream cheese
- Whipping cream
- Lemon zest
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Phyllo cups
What steps are needed to make this recipe?
Place whipping cream in a bowl and whip until stiff peaks are made then set aside.
Next combine the cream cheese, zest, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl, mixing well.
Fold in the whipped cream with a spatula to the cream cheese mixture ensuring it is mixed well.
Fill tart cups with cheesecake mixture and top with strawberries.
Last step is drizzling chocolate onto each tart.
Tips for making this recipe
- You do not need to bake these shells as directed on package. I find they good right out of the package and thaw in about 5 minutes but can be baked if you want them crisper.
- The filling can be placed in shells with a small scoop (about 1 tablespoon), a spoon, a baggie with the corner cut off or a piping bag with a large tip.
- The filled shells can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.
- Have the filling made ahead along with the cut strawberries to assemble right before serving.
Do phyllo cups get soggy?
Phyllo cups will stay crisp as long as the moisture level is low in the filling. For this recipe, I found that after about 2 hours the cups began to soften. But even after a day, they still tasted good and some of the edges were still crisp.
What else can go in phyllo cups?
Well, glad you asked! As I noted above I have made some sweet and savory recipes in them. At the holiday time, I made Cranberry Orange Brie bites that were absolutely delicious and my go-to appetizer this year.
I'm going to be experimenting with some other ideas this year so stayed tuned!
I bet you can't eat just one! I didn't 🙂
Be sure to pin this recipe for later!
Get the Recipe
- 4 ozs. cream cheese, softened
- 4 ozs. whipped cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup strawberries, diced
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips, melted
- 30 phyllo cups (found in freezer section)
- Remove phyllo cups from freezer and place on a plate
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks and set aside
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, vanilla, zest and sugar until well blended with a mixer
- Fold by hand the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined
- Place about 1 tablespoon of cheesecake mixture into each cup (I used a 1 tablespoon scoop)
- Top with about 3-4 pieces of diced strawberries
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second intervals until melted - stirring each time
- Either place mixture in a small baggie with the tip cut off very small or use a piping bag with a small metal tip to drizzle chocolate on top.
These can be refrigerated for about an hour before serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!