These Lime Coconut Skillet Rolls are a perfect way to celebrate spring. The light and fluffy rolls are topped with lime zest, sweet coconut and drizzled with a lime glaze.
Hallelujah! Today is the beginning of spring around these parts. I bet most of you already have been experiencing nicer weather and haven’t had to deal with snow and cold weather. The forecast here for the next week calls for upper 50’s and low 60’s so I just thought it was fitting to make something that reminds me of spring with a fresh taste.
Most of you know I love my lemons but I actually am a fan of all citrus. These Lime Coconut Skillet Rolls could be swapped with lemons but hey, let’s give the limes a chance to strut their stuff. And if you have too many limes, then make limeade or better yet margaritas! Who knows maybe by the end of the weekend, I can sit outside on my deck and enjoy of those too.
Do you own a cast iron skillet?
I find it very versatile and have made many sweet and savory recipes in them. Here are a few of our favorites skillet recipes:
- Cast Iron Pepperoni Pizza (probably the most popular recipe on the blog)
- Lemon Skillet Rolls (similar to above)
- Easy Tortellini Pizza Casserole (made in about 30 minutes for a quick dinner idea)
- Mexican Quinoa Skillet (another easy dinner idea)
- Cinnamon Skillet Rolls (these smell amazing when baking!)
I’d also like to give a shut-out to my blogger friend Lisa at Cooking with Curls for her easy Chicken Cacciatore – it looks so good!
Maybe if you have time this weekend, you can give some of these recipes a try. I’m not quite sure what I’ll be doing – if I can be outside, then I will. It could be a good time too to open up the windows and let the some fresh air in! Have a great weekend.
- 12 frozen dinner rolls
- zest of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Place the frozen rolls on a plate and let thaw (takes about 1 3/4 hours)
- Spray a 10" skillet with PAM
- Combine the lime zest and sugar by muddling it together
- Cut each roll in half then shape into balls
- Place in skillet as shown in picture, drizzle with butter then put lime sugar on top of rolls
- Cover with plastic wrap
- Let rolls double in size (about 1 3/4 hours)
- Sprinkle coconut on top right before ready to bake
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from oven and let cool about 20 minutes
- Combine the powdered sugar and lime juice; add in enough milk to make a glaze
- Drizzle and enjoy!
Note for this recipe I wanted more coconut so I toasted some and added on top before drizzling glaze. We like our coconut here!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.