Make these easy everything seasoning pull apart rolls with a creamy cream cheese dipping sauce. It’s like your favorite bagel but much easier to make at home!
Seeing that our screens don’t have a scratch-n-sniff feature, you’ll need to take my word that these pull apart rolls are exactly like those bagels at your favorite bagel shop. The seasoning is perfect and when baked on the rolls, you have little warm pillows of bite-size heavenly treats. These are perfect for snack time, meal time, game time or any time. While these are great by themselves, be sure to make the creamy cream cheese dipping sauce – oh so good!
I was very excited to find this seasoning (not an affiliate link) at my local Trader Joe’s store. I actually did a double take when I first saw it.. I think they have been in the store a few months, but I just discovered this jar and one of the best parts is, it only costs $1.99! Talk about the Price is Right! You couldn’t even make your own seasoning for this price. Plus doesn’t everything taste better with some garlicky seasoning? I think so.
I really like using my cast iron skillet (10″ size), in the past I have made pizza, lemon rolls and other savory bread rolls. It cooks and bakes evenly and in my opinion can crisp up food better than a regular pan. When it comes time for cleaning, it’s always best to not use soapy water. I usually use a stiff brush and hot water to clean them after use. Then dry well and brush on a bit of oil. Nice and clean and ready for the next recipe.
Note: you do not need to make your own dough (you could of course). I find using frozen rolls in my grocery section work great and so easy. The longest part is waiting for the rising time so be sure to start earlier in the day so you can enjoy these in about 5 1/2 hours.
- 11 frozen dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons everything seasoning blend
- Vegetable spray
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Place the frozen rolls on a plate and cover with plastic wrap - let thaw at room temperature (but still cold) - takes about 2 hours
- Spray a 10" cast iron skillet with vegetable spray
- Cut rolls in half and place in 3 rings in skillet (as shown in picture)
- Cover with plastic wrap
- When rolls start touching each other (about 90 minutes) brush with the melted butter and sprinkle on the seasoning
- Cover with plastic again and let rise for another 90 minutes until double in size
- Preheat oven to 375
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown
- Meanwhile while baking, in a small sauce pan over low heat combine the cream cheese, butter and milk - stir until smooth then remove from heat
- Remove rolls from oven and let cool slightly
- Pull rolls apart and dip in cream cheese sauce
Caution: Skillet will be very hot
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 11 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 570 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 2159mg Carbohydrates: 66g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 19g Protein: 28g