Orange Pecan Pull Apart skillet rolls will become your favorite breakfast treat! With creamy orange glaze and crunchy pecans, these pull apart rolls are great for breakfast, brunch, or holidays.
Time to take the scratch and sniff test – oh wait – you can’t now, BUT you can make these rolls and experience that first hand! My kitchen smelled so good when the rolls came out of the oven with the orange citrus flavor. Then it was doubly aromatic with the orange glaze that was drizzled over the warm rolls. Do I have your mouth watering yet? I hope so! These turn out so light and fluffy and when combined with the crunchy pecans, you have the perfect breakfast treat or snack.
I have really been putting my cast iron skillet to good use lately. It’s becoming so popular that my other pans are getting jealous that it is getting all the attention – ha. Last Friday I made Pepperoni pizza that I honestly think was one of the best pizzas I’ve made and last month I made Lemon Pull Apart rolls that were just as easy as today’s recipe.
I’m all for easy and no mess when it comes to cooking or baking. Sure sometimes I like to get my hands into things, but for this recipe, you start with frozen rolls so no kneading required. I found this recipe at Rhodes Bake and Serve website just as I had with the lemon rolls. I’ve also seen some savory recipes that are next up on list.
It’s also time for you to start planning your Easter or Mother Day’s menu for breakfast or brunch.
These orange pecan pull apart rolls would be a great addition to any breakfast or brunch.
We enjoyed these of of the oven but they were fine for two days later too (just store in an airtight container). We just gave them a quick zap in the microwave.
Add more glaze to make the orange pecan rolls super yummy!
I hope you enjoy this orange pecan pull apart skillet rolls recipe!
- 14 Rhodes yeast rolls (thawed but still cold-takes about 2 hours)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 orange zested
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray with vegetable spray a 10" cast iron skillet
- Cut each roll in half and place in skillet (I had 3 rings of rolls- 3 in the middle)
- Cover with plastic wrap that is sprayed
- Let rise until rolls start to touch each other (about 90 minutes)
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, egg, orange juice and zest
- Remove wrap then spread topping over and around the rolls
- Cover again and let rise until double in size (90 - 120 minutes)
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until golden brown
- Combine the powdered sugar, butter, orange juice and extract
- Drizzle over warm rolls
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.