This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
These Easy Party Cuban Sliders are loaded with ham, pork, swiss cheese, pickles and topped with a tangy Dijon mustard poppy seed spread.
Whether you are gathering for a party, game day or just want a quick sandwich, these sliders are calling your name. These can be prepped, baked and in your tummy in about 40 minutes. Your taste buds will be thanking for you!
I only heard of Cuban sandwiches about ten years ago when we were visiting family in Florida. My sister in law was hosting a party and said she ordered a tray of these sandwiches. I immediately loved this flavor combination and now every time we go to Florida, I’m sure to order one.
The original sandwich calls for Cuban bread which is not something I have never found in the Midwest. It’s OK though, these sliders still bring all that delicious flavor and are perfect for a few people or a crowd. I mean who doesn’t love mini sandwiches especially with melted cheese and meat on a crusty roll. I know I do! These sliders will quickly become a fave in your household.
In addition to these Easy Party Cuban Sliders, some other party recipes to consider:
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- BBQ Bacon Cheesy Totchos
- Game Time Deviled Eggs
- Pull Apart Pizza Rolls
- Veggie Dip Poppers
Useful tips for making Easy Party Cuban Sliders:
- To get more pickle per bite, use sandwich style pickles and be sure to drain and pat dry with a paper towel
- You could assemble the the sliders about 2 hours ahead (minus the butter spread)
- To make the sliders crispy, remove foil the last 10 minutes of baking
- Leftovers can be reheated in foil packets
- I used sliced pork I found at my local meat market but pulled pork would also work great (just plain though not BBQ,etc)
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 2 packages Hawaiian Rolls (24)
- 1 lb. thinly sliced Virginia brand ham
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced pork roast
- 12 sandwich pickles, drained
- 10 slices thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut rolls in half length-wise without breaking them apart
- Place bottoms in a 9x13 pan
- Layer the ham, pork, pickle, and swiss cheese
- Spread the yellow mustard on the cut side of the upper rolls
- Place on top
- Combine the butter, Dijon mustard and onion salt
- Brush mixture over roll tops
- Sprinkle poppy seeds on top
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes ( I make sure my rolls are in baking dish that keeps the rolls at least even with the dish)
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes (or until cheese melts)
- Cut and serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 827mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 19g