These Easy Party Cuban Sliders are loaded with ham, pork, swiss cheese, pickles and topped with a tangy Dijon mustard poppy seed spread.
Whether you are gathering for a party, game day or just want a quick sandwich, these sliders are calling your name. These can be prepped, baked and in your tummy in about 40 minutes. Your taste buds will be thanking for you!
I only heard of Cuban sandwiches about ten years ago when we were visiting family in Florida. My sister in law was hosting a party and said she ordered a tray of these sandwiches. I immediately loved this flavor combination and now every time we go to Florida, I'm sure to order one.
The original sandwich calls for Cuban bread which is not something I have never found in the Midwest. It's OK though, these sliders still bring all that delicious flavor and are perfect for a few people or a crowd. I mean who doesn't love mini sandwiches especially with melted cheese and meat on a crusty roll. I know I do! These sliders will quickly become a fave in your household.
In addition to these Easy Party Cuban Sliders, some other party recipes to consider:
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- BBQ Bacon Cheesy Totchos
- Game Time Deviled Eggs
- Pull Apart Pizza Rolls
- Veggie Dip Poppers
Useful tips for making Easy Party Cuban Sliders:
- To get more pickle per bite, use sandwich style pickles and be sure to drain and pat dry with a paper towel
- You could assemble the the sliders about 2 hours ahead (minus the butter spread)
- To make the sliders crispy, remove foil the last 10 minutes of baking
- Leftovers can be reheated in foil packets
- I used sliced pork I found at my local meat market but pulled pork would also work great (just plain though not BBQ,etc)
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 2 packages Hawaiian Rolls (24)
- 1 lb. thinly sliced Virginia brand ham
- ½ lb. thinly sliced pork roast
- 12 sandwich pickles, drained
- 10 slices thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut rolls in half length-wise without breaking them apart
- Place bottoms in a 9x13 pan
- Layer the ham, pork, pickle, and swiss cheese
- Spread the yellow mustard on the cut side of the upper rolls
- Place on top
- Combine the butter, Dijon mustard and onion salt
- Brush mixture over roll tops
- Sprinkle poppy seeds on top
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes ( I make sure my rolls are in baking dish that keeps the rolls at least even with the dish)
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes (or until cheese melts)
- Cut and serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 827mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!