One of my favorite salads to order out is a Cobb Salad. I love all the chopped veggies with the chicken and tangy bleu cheese. It's a flavor explosion in my mouth. So I was thinking why not turn it into a tasty sandwich, so today I'm sharing this Cobb Salad Pita Pocket. It has all the same ingredients and it makes a great lunch idea!
Since this was a sandwich and not a salad, a light vinaigrette dressing was perfect - just enough to give it some flavor but not take over the chopped ingredients. The vinaigrette would also be good on other salads as well.
If you aren't a fan of sandwiches, then just take all these yummy ingredients and turn into a salad - either way you can't go wrong!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons champagne (or white) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1-2 cups chopped butter lettuce
- Pita bread
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients except for the lettuce.
- Gently combine and drizzle with the dressing.
- Place lettuce in pita pockets and add salad mixture
- Serve immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 839mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.