One of my favorite salads to order out is a Cobb Salad. I love all the chopped veggies with the chicken and tangy bleu cheese. It’s a flavor explosion in my mouth. So I was thinking why not turn it into a tasty sandwich, so today I’m sharing this Cobb Salad Pita Pocket. It has all the same ingredients and it makes a great lunch idea!
Since this was a sandwich and not a salad, a light vinaigrette dressing was perfect – just enough to give it some flavor but not take over the chopped ingredients. The vinaigrette would also be good on other salads as well.
If you aren’t a fan of sandwiches, then just take all these yummy ingredients and turn into a salad – either way you can’t go wrong!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons champagne (or white) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1-2 cups chopped butter lettuce
- Pita bread
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients except for the lettuce.
- Gently combine and drizzle with the dressing.
- Place lettuce in pita pockets and add salad mixture
- Serve immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 839mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
Another pita sandwich you might enjoy: