Taco burgers loaded with your favorite Mexican flavors are the perfect Taco Tuesday grilling recipe. These are sure to be a hit this summer!
Did you know that May is officially burger month? Did you know that burgers are my favorite meal? So it looks like it is a win-win today with this Mexican burgers recipe.
Those of you know me know that almost every Friday, I have a cheeseburger, fries and a diet coke. It’s something that I look forward to all week; I guess I’m an all-American kind of gal! I’m usually out and about on Friday, so I will make a stop to a fast food place and then continue on my way – quick and easy.
Today’s recipe for loaded taco burgers is quick and easy to make at home.
You will love this loaded taco burger! Lean beef mixed with taco seasoning and green chilies, topped with crispy lettuce, fresh tomatoes, cheese, avocado and smothered in a creamy salsa and sour cream topping. Do I have your attention now?
I made the taco burgers last week, on Mother’s Day weekend. We had the family here so it was great to test out a new recipe on everyone. It was also a perfect weather weekend with the temps being in the low 80’s, no humidity and no bugs! We spent both days outside doing activities like chalk writing on the driveway, swinging, and having Emily chase us around with a big water gun. It was a blast and both kids slept great at night 🙂 Looking forward to more days like that this summer.
Everyone loved the loaded taco burgers – even Miss Em. You’ll want to put this one on your summer grilling list, perhaps making this for Father’s Day. Other burger recipes we have enjoyed in the past are Mushroom Burgers with Glaze Mushrooms and Teriyaki Burgers with Fresh Pineapple. Get out the grill and grab a tasty beverage and get cooking!
If burgers are your thing and you need more ideas, head over to Girl Carnivore as a group of us bloggers are sharing some delicious recipes and there is a giveaway as well!
I hope you love the loaded taco burgers recipe!
- 2 lbs ground beef (I use 85/15)
- 7 ounce can green chilies well drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons diced white onion
- 1/2 cup Lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 6 slices cheese (I used pepper jack)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 6 hamburger buns
- Mix the ground beef with the chilies, seasoning and onions
- Form into 6 6oz patties (press your thumb in the middle of the top of the burger - this will help with even cooking)
- Mix the sour cream, salsa and taco sauce and set aside
- Grill burgers to your liking and about 2 minutes beforehand add your cheese until it melts
- If you desire, grill your buns - we did!
- Place burger on bun and top with lettuce, tomato, avocado then drizzle your burger with topping mixture
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 748Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 168mgSodium: 838mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 54g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.