It's Friday night and that means pizza for us, but today I'm mixing it up a bit with these pizza pull apart rolls - they are fun to make and you get to dunk these tasty rolls in your favorite pizza sauce! They are also easy, since you make and serve them in one skillet. I'm pretty sure we won't have any leftovers 🙂
I think my cast iron skillet is my new best friend. Over the last few months I've made several recipes like Lemon Pull Apart rolls, Orange Pecan Pull Apart rolls and even an entire pizza. The skillet cooks evenly every time and cleaning them is easy too. I just use a brush and water to scrub and then make sure to dry it well with paper towels. Last step is rubbing some oil on it and you are good to go. You can even watch a video tutorial on cleaning and care of cast iron skillets.
Well, our weekend company is just about here and I need do final preparations. Besides serving these pizza rolls, I'm planning on some tasty beverages and a side of veggies with dip. A really easy night in the kitchen.
Hope you enjoy the pull apart pizza rolls recipe!!
No double dunking!
Get the Recipe
- 11 frozen Rhodes dinner rolls (thawed on a plate but still cold-takes about 2 hours-cover with plastic wrap)
- 2 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. diced mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup diced pepperoni
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- After the rolls are thawed, cut them in half and place in a 10" cast iron skillet that has been sprayed with PAM
- Place rolls in 3 rings as shown in picture
- Tuck the pepperoni and mozzarella cheese between the rolls
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- When the rolls start touching (about 90 minutes), combine the melted butter with the spices and brush over the rolls
- Cover again and let rise until double (about 90 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 375 and before placing in oven sprinkle the ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese over the rolls
- Bake until golden brown (mine took 20 minutes)
- Serve immediately with warm pizza sauce for dunking.
CAUTION: Skillet will be very hot
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 476mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!