Wow, image this Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread on your holiday table. You and your guests will love the tangy fresh cranberries, orange zest and the crunchy walnuts.
You can make just one big loaf but as I mentioned, sharing is good (and appreciated) too! With the 3 smaller ones I made, we had one to share on Thanksgiving at our daughter's, the DIY Guy's work place and well, we had one for our house as well!
Get the Recipe
Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread
Your taste buds will be loving this cranberry orange bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter (frozen for easier grating)
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries cut in half
- ½ cup roasted walnuts chopped roughly
- 3 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 oz. of soft butter
- 1 cups sifted powdered sugar
- walnuts for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350. Line 3 small loaf pans with parchment paper - be sure to leave 2 ends that overlap the long side edges (makes removal easier)
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Grate the frozen butter into the mixture then use a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse meal. Set aside
- In a medium bowl whisk the zest, orange juice, eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and walnuts
- Divide the batter between the 3 pans.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes; remove; cool on rack completely
- Combine all ingredients and frost cooled breads
- Sprinkle with walnuts
- Store at room temp for several or days
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 01
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1422Total Fat: 70gSaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 1130mgFiber: 6gSugar: 114gProtein: 17g
Another cranberry recipe you may like- Orange Candied
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!
Chandra Sirois says
This bread looks amazing! Totally Pinned!
Nancy Piran says
I can not get enough of cranberries this season either! Seriously it's all I want to eat!
Marcie FlavortheMoments says
I keep buying bag after bag of cranberries and putting them in the freezer -- I never want to run out! This bread looks so festive and delicious -- love!
Blair Lonergan says
Hi, Deb! This bread (and your photos!) are beautiful!! What a perfect gift for friends and neighbors! Pinned. 🙂 Have a great weekend!
Cathy Trochelman says
This bread is GORGEOUS and looks perfect for Christmas morning!