Wow, image this Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread on your holiday table. You and your guests will love the tangy fresh cranberries, orange zest and the crunchy walnuts.
You can make just one big loaf but as I mentioned, sharing is good (and appreciated) too! With the 3 smaller ones I made, we had one to share on Thanksgiving at our daughter's, the DIY Guy's work place and well, we had one for our house as well!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter (frozen for easier grating)
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries cut in half
- ½ cup roasted walnuts chopped roughly
- 3 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 oz. of soft butter
- 1 cups sifted powdered sugar
- walnuts for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350. Line 3 small loaf pans with parchment paper - be sure to leave 2 ends that overlap the long side edges (makes removal easier)
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Grate the frozen butter into the mixture then use a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse meal. Set aside
- In a medium bowl whisk the zest, orange juice, eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and walnuts
- Divide the batter between the 3 pans.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes; remove; cool on rack completely
- Combine all ingredients and frost cooled breads
- Sprinkle with walnuts
- Store at room temp for several or days
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 01
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1422Total Fat: 70gSaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 1130mgFiber: 6gSugar: 114gProtein: 17g
Another cranberry recipe you may like- Orange Candied