As I mentioned on Friday, I'm celebrating my 4 year blog anniversary! Oh boy, times flies you are having fun, making recipes, taking pictures and writing posts.
I'm bringing to the party this Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Tart. Such creamy goodness in chocolate crust. These won't last long in your house - they didn't at mine!
More this week on my blogging life and a behind the scenes look. For now enjoy this sweet treat.
- half and half
- vanilla extract
- whipped topping
- 22 oreos
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups half and half
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted coconut (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Finely chop oreos in food processor; remove to bowl and add melted butter.
- Divide between 5 small 4-5″ tart dishes with removable bottoms; press up sides and bottom
- Bake for 10 minutes then cool completely
- Filling - in a medium saucepan combine the half and half, eggs, sugar and salt.
- Bring to boil over low heat stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and stir in ¾ cup coconut and vanilla
- Divide into tart pans (or one crust); refrigerate about 4 hours until firm.
- Top with whipped topping and additional coconut
Note - to toast coconut, place on a single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until golden brown