This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
As I mentioned on Friday, I’m celebrating my 4 year blog anniversary! Oh boy, times flies you are having fun, making recipes, taking pictures and writing posts. So this calls for a big celebration with treats and a giveaway with some of my other blogger friends. We are celebrating with $500 paypal cash and sweet treats. What’s a party without goodies, right?
- 22 oreos
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups half and half
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted coconut (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped topping
- 1 9″ chocolate crust (if not making tarts)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Finely chop oreos in food processor; remove to bowl and add melted butter.
- Divide between 5 small 4-5″ tart dishes with removable bottoms; press up sides and bottom
- Bake for 10 minutes then cool completely
- In a medium saucepan combine the half and half, eggs, sugar and salt.
- Bring to boil over low heat stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup coconut and vanilla
- Divide into tart pans (or one crust); refrigerate about 4 hours until firm.
- Top with whipped topping and additional coconut
- Keep refrigerated
- Note: to toast coconut, place on a single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until golden brown
More this week on my blogging life and a behind the scenes look. For now enjoy this sweet treat and enter to win our giveaway!
The giveaway runs until 11 p.m. EST on February 28th. Winner announced on March 1st. Good Luck!!
Jamie at Love Bakes Good Cakes – Deb at Cooking on the Front Burner
Paula at Call Me PMc – Emily at Nap-Time Creations
Aimee at Like Mother Like Daughter – Britney at The Princess and Her CowboysBirthday Blogger Friends
Cindy at Little Miss Celebration – Lisa at Cooking With Curls
Sheryl at Lady Behind the Curtain – Cathy at Lemon Tree Dwelling
Julie at Tastes of Lizzy T – Marcie at Flavor the Moments
Carrie at Frugal Foodie Mama – Julie at This Gal Cooks
Julie at Bread Booze Bacon– Shauna at The Best Blog Recipes
Sandra at A Dash of Sanity – Rachael at Eazy Peazy Mealz
Claire at A Little Claireification – Evelyn at My Turn for Us
Nancy at The Bitter Side of Sweet – Emily at It Bakes Me Happy
Alyssa at What’s Cooking Love – Erin at DelightEMade
Kristi at I Should Be Mopping the Floor