Fall is around the corner... though with the temps this week predicted in the low 90's, it might take awhile. Don't get me wrong, I love summer - I would rather have the heat instead of the cold! But when it does start cooling off, one of my favorite ingredients is pumpkin.
I 'm getting a head start with these muffins. I was just craving pumpkin flavor and this just hit the spot. I kept it pretty easy by using a mix. (I got this one at Trader Joe's but I've seen others in the market.) Or maybe you have a favorite pumpkin muffin recipe - use that, but be sure to top with the tasty streusel I came up with.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (14 muffins)
- 1 box Pumpkin bread/muffin mix from Trader Joe's or your favorite recipe
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (grated fresh in you have on hand)
- 5 tablespoons cold butter cut in cubes
- 3 tablespoons confectioner sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 375; line muffin tins with liners
2. Prepare mix as directed and fill cups 2/3 full
3. Combine topping ingredients and divide evenly on top of batter
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
5. If desired, make glaze by combing sugar and milk; drizzle glaze when cooled
6. Store in refrigerator
Powered by Recipage
I made half with glaze - The DIY Guy of course had to have one of each... though I don't think he came up with a clear winner!
Enjoy! What's your favorite fall'ish' type food??