Well, in the blink of an eye, March is coming to an end..... whew that was a fast month for me! So is yours going out like a lamb? We have rain so I'm not complaining since it isn't snow! Whatever your weather, I hope these Orange Poppy Seed Muffins cheer you up!
Last week I made Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Pancakes that used buttermilk. That is one ingredient I don't normally have on hand and I didn't want it to go to waste. This is an easy recipe and perfect with your morning coffee or tea.
I still kept it in the citrus family by using orange zest and juice. Yes, I know I'm normally a lemon person but thought I would shake it up a bit! Shocker!
Hope you have a great last day of March!
Other muffins recipes you might enjoy:
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup soft butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- zest of 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375° and line muffins tins with liners
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter and sugar until it is smooth and light. Then add one egg at a time and beat well after each one.
- Mix the baking soda with the buttermilk
- In another bowl, mix the flour and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture to the butter/sugar. Alternate each when adding.
- Lastly mix in the orange zest, juice and poppy seeds
- Fill tins about ¾ full and bake for about 18-20 or until tops are springy and lightly golden
- If desired make a glaze with confectioner sugar and milk to drizzle on top
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.