Well, in the blink of an eye, March is coming to an end..... whew that was a fast month for me! So is yours going out like a lamb? We have rain so I'm not complaining since it isn't snow! Whatever your weather, I hope these Orange Poppy Seed Muffins cheer you up!
Last week I made Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Pancakes that used buttermilk. That is one ingredient I don't normally have on hand and I didn't want it to go to waste. This is an easy recipe and perfect with your morning coffee or tea.
I still kept it in the citrus family by using orange zest and juice. Yes, I know I'm normally a lemon person but thought I would shake it up a bit! Shocker!
Hope you have a great last day of March!
Other muffins recipes you might enjoy:
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup soft butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- zest of 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375° and line muffins tins with liners
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter and sugar until it is smooth and light. Then add one egg at a time and beat well after each one.
- Mix the baking soda with the buttermilk
- In another bowl, mix the flour and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture to the butter/sugar. Alternate each when adding.
- Lastly mix in the orange zest, juice and poppy seeds
- Fill tins about ¾ full and bake for about 18-20 or until tops are springy and lightly golden
- If desired make a glaze with confectioner sugar and milk to drizzle on top
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!