These Mini Chocolate Spider Donuts are sure to be a hit this Halloween! They are super easy to make with only five ingredients!
Let's start out by saying that I do not like spiders - they just give me the creeps BUT I do love chocolate and had no trouble eating these cute mini donuts 🙂 . If you are hosting a Halloween party or looking for a fun after school snack, these spiders should definitely be on your treat list.
Yes, my mind was just spinning thinking of an easy snack for the grandkids that they could even help prepare. The hardest part was finding shoe string licorice. I went to every store in the area and finally had to order some from Amazon. These spiders just wouldn't be the same without them.
What really makes these donuts so easy is starting with pre-made chocolate donuts and these are super easy to find in any grocery store. Then just pick up some canned chocolate frosting, chocolate jimmies and candy eyes. In no time you can have these ready.
Today at the end of this post you will also find some great Halloween recipes from our monthly blogger group.
Useful tip for making these Mini Chocolate Spider Donuts:
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of frosting on each donut and slightly mound in middle
- Place chocolate jimmies in a shallow bowl and dip each frosted donut in bowl - be careful not to smush so you get the rounded look with jimmies
- Place eyes on donuts
- Cut 8 "legs" for each spider and use a toothpick to make a hole for the legs
- These can be made about a day ahead - just be sure to keep well covered in a refrigerator (bring to room temperature before serving)
Some other Halloween recipes you might want to try from my blog are:
Hope you enjoy Halloween!
Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies
Halloween Cinder Cake
Halloween Rice Crispy Treats
Spooky Spider Chocolate Cheese Ball
Puking Pumpkin Dessert Dip
Halloween Popcorn Bars
Chocolate Peanut Covered Caramel Apples
Candy Corn Truffle Bark
Mini Frankenstein Cheesecakes
Halloween Polka Dot Cupcakes
Halloween Cake Pops
Get the Recipe
- 12 mini chocolate donuts
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- Black shoestring licorice
- Candy eyes
- Chocolate jimmies
- Mound about 2 tablespoons of frosting onto donut
- Dip donut in chocolate jimmies (place in a shallow bowl)
- Press eyes onto donuts
- Cut licorice into about 1 ½" pieces
- Use a toothpick to make 8 openings where legs should go
- Insert legs
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!