Zucchini Corn Fritters are full of fresh summer ingredients and make a delicious side dish or appetizer. Serve with a homemade tangy dill dip too!
It's about that time of year when zucchini is in abundance. Some are big and some are small but what will you do with them all?
Today's recipe is a great way to enjoy zucchini and they even have another summer favorite - sweet corn.
When I was younger my grandmother made zucchini fritters but used flowers from her plants. I have a hard time finding flowers and I don't have a garden. Using grated zucchini works just as well.
Who is ready to get frying these summer delights (and make a tangy dill dip to serve them with)?
- grated zucchini
- parmesan cheese
- baking powder
- fresh dill
- sour cream
- plain yogurt
- fresh parsley
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: in a medium bowl add the flour, egg, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and the corn
Step 2: add in grated zucchini
Step 3: add in milk
Step 4: use a whisk to combine the ingredients together and mix well
Step 5: add in baking powder
Step 6: whisk until the batter is smooth and all ingredients incorporated
Step 7: heat about ½" of vegetable oil in skillet; place ¼ cup of zucchini corn batter in skillet
Step 8: fry until the bottom gets a medium brown color; flip and fry until done (about 6 minutes total)
Step 9: using a slotted spatula remove fritter from skillet and place on a paper towel lined platter
Step 10: make dill dip by combining the sour cream, yogurt, salt, pepper, fresh dill, fresh parsley and minced garlic
Step 11: sprinkle fritters with salt and serve alongside dill dip
Pass the plate and dig into this perfect summer side dish!
- zucchini is really watery so after grating place in a cheese cloth (or a few sheets of paper towels and squeeze hard to get liquid out
- I used canned corn but you can use fresh if you steam it first to make sure it is cooked before adding to batter
- if using canned corn, drain well and blot with paper towels to make as dry as possible
- you can fry more than one at a time if your skillet is large; just make sure to have the batter not touch the others
- make dill dip about an hour ahead to meld flavors
- add a corn kernal to oil while heating, when it starts to sizzle oil is ready to use - be sure to not have too hot
- zucchini corn fritters are best when served immediately
Zucchini can also be used in sweet recipes like this Zucchini Lemon Quick Bread or my original Zucchini Fritters.
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER - CLICK HERE
Get the Recipe
Zucchini Corn Fritters with Dill Dip
These summery fried zucchini corn fritters make a great side dish!
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup corn
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- In a medium bowl combine the egg, flour, milk, parmesan cheese, corn, zucchini, salt, and pepper
- Add baking powder and whisk well
- In a medium skillet add ½" vegetable oil until hot
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter into oil
- Cook until medium brown, flip and cook until done (about 6-7 minutes total)
- Place on paper towel lined platter
- Sprinkle with salt and serve with dill dip
- Make dill dip by combining all ingredients - best if made about an hour ahead and refrigerated to meld ingredients
SEE POST FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 256mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!
Join the discussion