When life gives you zucchini, you must try this Lemon Zucchini Quick Bread. It is so easy to make, super moist and bursting with fresh lemon flavor. It makes a great snack any time of the day!
~Lemon Zucchini Quick Bread~
What happens when summer comes to an end? Well, if you garden or go to the farmers' market, you will have or see an abundance of zucchini.
Some are big and some are small and it's time to do something with them all! (my inner Dr. Seuss!) That's where this Lemon Zucchini Quick Bread recipe comes in handy. It's a great way to use them up and enjoy this delicious treat!
The lemon zest and juice (including the glaze) really give this bread the best flavor!
Full transparency, I do not have a garden but did back in the day. We always grew zucchini and if we didn't pick them when they are on the smallish side we could end up with some looking like baseball bats - I'm sure many of you have had the same thing happen 🙂
If you want to enjoy zucchini as a side vegetable then be sure to pick them right away. When they get on the bigger side, then use them to make quick bread.
What ingredients will you need for zucchini bread?
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Paste (or extract)
- Powdered Sugar
What are tips for making Lemon Zucchini Quick Bread?
- No need to peel the zucchini but be sure to cut off about an 1" from each end before grating (use the large grate side)
- Be sure to squeeze out the water before using in the recipe. This will prevent a soggy bread
- I would advise against using lemon extract - real lemon juice will provide a great flavor especially the lemon zest
- Speaking of zest, zest your lemons first then juice (it's hard to zest a cut lemon that has been squeezed)
- What to add some poppy seeds? You could add 1-2 tablespoons with the wet ingredients
- Do not over mix the batter
- Grease your pan then place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the loaf pan
- Bake according to directions but be sure to check bread with a long toothpick about 5 minutes before time is up, if only a few crumbs stick, it is done
- We like a thick glaze so slowly add in the lemon juice until you get the desired consistency
- Be sure your bread is completely cool before glazing
- This bread can also be frozen before glazing - just wrap cooled bread in plastic wrap or you can leave off the glaze if desired
I was inspired to make this bread from A Latte of Food. I think you will love this recipe and if you are looking for other quick bread recipes to try next, may I suggest this Pumpkin and Banana bread that would be perfect for fall or this Cranberry Orange Walnut bread - it is another great recipe for fall.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 6 oz. vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini (be sure to squeeze out juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon zest for topping if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Grease 2 loaf pans (8 ½" x 4 ½") then line bottom of pans with parchment paper
- Use a large bowl to mix together the oil, yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and sugar - cream well.
- Add one egg in at a time and beat well after each
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking salt and salt - use a whisk to combine well.
- Add in lemon zest and stir
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until just combine (low speed on mixer works great)
- Add in zucchini and vanilla and hand stir to combine
- Divide batter between loaf pans and bake for 55-60 minutes
- Let cool about 10 minutes before removing from pan and let cool completely
- Make glaze by adding lemon juice to powdered sugar until desired consistency
- Drizzle over loafs and top with additional lemon zest if desired
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.