These White Chocolate Pecan Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect snack for any time of the day!
Pour yourself a big-o-glass of ice cold milk and grab these chewy white chocolate pecan oatmeal cookies to dunk in it! Why? Well, I would love to have you help me celebrate my 15 year work anniversary that was last week on May 1st. I couldn’t let this occasion go by without some sort of celebration by treating my co-workers to some goodies. They like goodies, I like goodies, and of course since I blog, I love to make goodies. It’s a win-win for us all!
I’ve worked since 16 and without giving away my age (ha), I’ll share with you some of the jobs I’ve had – McDonalds (would you like fries with that?), Karmel Korn, factory work, office work, school paraprofessional (not a fan of outside playground duty in Minnesota), currently an admin assistant and MOM (we all know that is the most important job!) Seriously, I’ve been pretty lucky in the work world but my least favorite job was working at Karmel Korn; stirring those big kettles with hot caramel was not my favorite! I only lasted about 6 weeks. I’d rather flip a burger! So curious minds would love to know what interesting jobs have you had.
Here’s to another 15 years (NOT!). My next job will be retirement – when you might ask? Only me and my hairdresser know for sure LOL.
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 stick of soft butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal (or quick)
- 6 ounces chopped white chocolate bar (do not use chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350; line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl
- Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl until it is light and fluffy; scrape down bowl then add egg and vanilla and beat until well blended
- Add flour mixture 1/4 cup at a time until it is just incorporated
- Mix in by hand the oatmeal, chocolate and pecans
- Drop on cookie sheets about 2 tablespoons of dough; slightly flatten with your palm
- Bake for 12 minutes; cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely
- Repeat with remaining dough
If you are looking for more cookies, try these: