Turkey Pumpkin Chili is perfect for fall and is a family-friendly meal that can be made and served quick. It is hearty, healthy and full of flavor!
Ok, so not sure about you but we went from decent weather to snow in a day! We were lucky not to get too much but the temps have still stayed cold.
So now that it is colder, it's time to be thinking comfort food and stuff that sticks to your ribs. This recipe definitely fits the mark!
Are you ready to make this tasty recipe?
- olive oil
- yellow pepper
- diced chiles
- ground turkey
- pumpkin pie filling (not puree)
- diced tomatoes
- chicken broth
- chili powder
- fennel seeds
- black beans
- sour cream
- ground beef could be substituted (this will add to the calorie count and add more fat)
- red or green peppers could be used instead of yellow
- after browning meat and onions, recipe could be made in a slow cooker if desired (about 4-5 hours cooking time)
- toppings could include cornbread croutons, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions, jalapenos and cilantro
- this recipe freezes well (cool before placing in freezer)
- the pumpkin pie filling mixture adds some unique flavor to the chili but pumpkin puree could also be used
- we used black beans but others that could be used - pinto, kidney or white beans
Side Bread Recipes
Chili is great on its own but also goes well with some side bread dishes such as:
Why you will love this recipe. This is hearty meal that the entire family will enjoy. It is full of flavor and can be made and served in about 30 minutes. Perfect for those busy nights!
CLICK HERE TO SAVE THIS TURKEY PUMPKIN CHILI PIN
Get the Recipe
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
A hearty chili made with turkey and pumpkin for a delicious fall meal!
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped yellow pepper
- 1 4 oz can diced chilies
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 16 oz ground turkey
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling (not puree)
- 2 cups crushed or diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbl chili powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- Toppings - sour cream
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven (or similar pot)
- Saute the onion, celery, yellow pepper and garlic for 5 minutes
- Add turkey and cook until meat is cooked through
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add pumpkin, broth, seasonings and broth
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- Serve with sour cream if desired or other toppings mentioned in post
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Enjoy this white chicken chili from my friend Jamie too.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!
Join the discussion