Not one or two but three different kinds of ginger in these Triple Ginger Cookies. You’ll love the texture and the big chocolate chunks!
Today is an exciting day! A special thanks to Lindsay and Julie for organizing their 3rd annual Cookie Swap. By signing up, I donated money to a great cause called Cookies for Kids Cancer and I was required to bake 3 dozen cookies and send a dozen to 3 bloggers and in return I received 1 dozen cookies from 3 other bloggers. Of course, the main event is raising money for this important cause – hundreds of bakers signed up and almost $14,000 was raised (this included corporate matches from OXO, Grandma’s Molasses, Dixie Crystal Sugar and Gold Medal Flour).
In the last month I have received some wonderful cookies from these bakers… I’m glad I took pictures when I did because they didn’t last long at our place!
The order I received the cookies – first up Thumb Prints:
Next Lemon Shortbread
And lastly, Toffee Oatmeal with Chocolate
All of these cookies were delicious…. each had a favorite ingredient of mine in them – thanks so much Sarah, Stacy and Krista!
Now for my cookie…. I had fun looking through my cookbooks because the requirements called for a new recipe. I found this one from one of my favorite authors Debbie Macomber and her Christmas Cookbook (I’m a huge fan of the Cedar Cove books).
So without further adieu I’m presenting these Triple Ginger Chocolate Chunk Cookies. I really hope the three gals I baked for enjoyed them and I apologize that I forgot to write what the cookies were. My cookies went to Lynn at Turnips 2 Tangerines, Katie at Blonde Ambition Blog and Maria at Maria of the Best.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tbls unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick soft butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 oz chocolate chunks
- 1/4 chopped crystallized ginger
- sugar for rolling
- Combine the flour, cocoa, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in bowl
- In a large bowl beat the butter, brown sugar and fresh ginger on high until blended then add molasses beating until just combined
- Dissolve the baking soda in 2 tsps very hot water then add to batter.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and crystallized ginger. Refrigerate one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookies sheets with parchment paper. Roll about a walnut size of dough in your hands then roll through regular sugar. Place about 2" apart on sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are cracked on top and firm around edges.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 9mg Sodium: 73mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Protein: 1g