These Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Coleslaw are easy to make. The spicy coleslaw adds the right amount of flavor that is cooled down a bit with a cilantro sour cream sauce.
~Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Coleslaw~
Try these easy shrimp tacos for an easy weeknight dinner when you need something quick and delicious. The shrimp is simply seasoned, dressed with spicy coleslaw, topped with a cool sour cream sauce and wrapped in a warm tortilla.
Do you like shrimp or fish tacos? This recipe could be made either way with your favorite seafood and will be equally delicious.
These shrimp tacos are a flavor explosion for your senses! A casual, but yet classy meal that is easy to prepare.
Shrimp tacos are the ultimate taco night at our place and will be in yours too!
What ingredients will you need for these shrimp tacos?
- Cabbage Mixture
- Red Onion
- Sour Cream
- Spices – chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin
- Vegetable oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
How do you make shrimp tacos?
The cleaned shrimp are seasoned with a bit of chili powder and can be cooked two ways. I have grilled these on a small grate on our gas grill or you can also cook these on a griddle that is sprayed a bit with no-stick cooking spray. Either way has worked well for me.
We also like to use larger shrimp in this recipe and flour tortillas. You could also use smaller shrimp and corn tortillas if you desire.
How do you make spicy coleslaw?
I find it easy to use a pre-shredded coleslaw mix that has carrots and purple cabbage. Make the dressing, toss over the cabbage/veggie mixture and let meld in the refrigerator about 30 minutes. If you would like to keep the spiciness down, cut back on the amount of jalapeño pepper.
What else could you serve with Shrimp Tacos?
Easy Seasoned Chicken Tacos
Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
Chicken Tinga Tacos
Easy Ground Beef Tacos
Pan Seared Steak Tacos
Grilled Sirloin Steak Tacos
Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken & Poblano Street Tacos
Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Coleslaw
BBQ Meatball Street Tacos
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and cleaned
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 to 2 T minced jalapeno
- 3 cups shredded cabbage blend
- 3/4 cup corn (frozen, thawed)
- 2 T minced red onion
- 1/2 cup minced red pepper
- 1 T minced cilantro
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 T cider vinegar
- 1 T sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- (mix and refrigerate 20 minutes):
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1T minced cilantro
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, corn, onion, jalapeno, red pepper and cilantro
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, cayenne pepper, cumin, and S&P then pour over mixture and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes
- Heat grill with small grate. Sprinkle shrimp with some chili powder and grill until done.
- To serve, warm tortillas, add cabbage slaw, shrimp and top with sauce and shredded cheese if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 176mg Sodium: 1036mg Carbohydrates: 41g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 26g